Updated power points Region D -- UNOFFICIAL

swva_havok_fan

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Looks like Ridgeview will be the new power points leader after tonight with Union a close second. 

With Giles beating Glenvar does that give Graham a chance at #1 if they win out? Or is that too many factors to figure right now? 

20 minutes ago, EH31 said:

With Giles beating Glenvar does that give Graham a chance at #1 if they win out? Or is that too many factors to figure right now? 

Union got some help with JIB winning so that should help Union. Union still has 3A Abingdon, it'll come down to final games. 

Gate City beating Central would help us. If central wins, graham gets points too. But they didn’t play gc so we need them to win it seems. I’m hoping @VHSLhelper can crunch some numbers soon. Burton winning was a pleasant help too. 

Did RV beating abingdon make a difference if Union beats abingdon too. Or does it balance out by beating both?

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Are they 0-fer? Graham has Princeton with only 1 win not helping. 

Yep.

For those that don't know in seeking KY team info, the KHSAA has a good setup to view scores for the games (for all sports) and ability to click on the teams to go to their selective schedules/scores.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb17/51108

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb17

20 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Gate City beating Central would help us. If central wins, graham gets points too. But they didn’t play gc so we need them to win it seems. I’m hoping @VHSLhelper can crunch some numbers soon. Burton winning was a pleasant help too. 

Did RV beating abingdon make a difference if Union beats abingdon too. Or does it balance out by beating both?

Is GC and Central at Legion field? If so I think GC has a real shot at pulling it out. 

Unofficial power points tally in Region 2D:

1 Ridgeview 24.5
2 Union 24.25
3 Marion 23.75
4 Graham 23.375
5 Virginia High 22.625
6 Lee High 19.375
7 John Battle 19.25
8 Grayson County 17.75
9 Richlands 16.375
10 Wise Central 15.66667
11 Tazewell 15.5
12 Lebanon 15.25
13 Gate City 12.77778

I'll do 1D and 3D tomorrow. It's getting late. Lol

Graham is helped insofar as its final two opponents are both AA and are a combined 14-2.  Marion is in similar straits (both opponents 2A, records of 13-3), but the winner of Graham/Marion will knock the loser out of contention.

Union’s final two opponents have a combined record of 10-6, and are both AA, but their schedule is just a power points sieve.  6 of Union’s opponents have 3 or fewer wins, and 2 are winless (LCC and GC).  Going to be close., 

Ridgeview’s final two opponents have a record of 7-10, and Honaker is A, which is another 2-point swing against them.  That would put Ridgeview and Graham dead even and reliant on opponent power points in the final two weeks.

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham is helped insofar as its final two opponents are both AA and are a combined 14-2.  Marion is in similar straits (both opponents 2A, records of 13-3), but the winner of Graham/Marion will knock the loser out of contention.

Union’s final two opponents have a combined record of 10-6, and are both AA, but their schedule is just a power points sieve.  6 of Union’s opponents have 3 or fewer wins, and 2 are winless (LCC and GC).  Going to be close., 

Ridgeview’s final two opponents have a record of 7-10, and Honaker is A, which is another 2-point swing against them.  That would put Ridgeview and Graham dead even and reliant on opponent power points in the final two weeks.

Union has a 3a opponent (abingdon) and 2a Battle. An abingdon will will give big points. Our opponents having uncharacteristicly bad seasons has hit us. Burton stringing some wins together is a nice bump. 

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

Union REALLY needs GC to beat Central. If that doesn't happen, Graham is most likely #1 seed. All things being equal, I expect Graham to finish 2-4 points ahead of Union OR they will be tied at 270.

That outcome will depend on 2 games GC/Central and Princeton/Wheeling Park.

Mo West/Bearden could be 2 unexpected points for Union if Mo West pulls that one out.

If, somehow, Marion finishes 10-0 they and Union would be locked in a similar battle for #1. This is all assuming Union beats Abingdon. 

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Union REALLY needs GC to beat Central. If that doesn't happen, Graham is most likely #1 seed. All things being equal, I expect Graham to finish 2-4 points ahead of Union OR they will be tied at 270.

Mo West/Bearden could be 2 unexpected points for Union if Mo West pulls that one out.

If, somehow, Marion finishes 10-0 they and Union would be locked in a similar battle for #1. This is all assuming Union beats Abingdon. 

Does Marion and Graham play each other game ten?  I’ve not looked st the schedule to remind myself. If so, they one will knock the other out. I agree, need gc to beat central and Morristown to win. A little help from letcher would be terrific. 

49 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Does Marion and Graham play each other game ten?  I’ve not looked st the schedule to remind myself. If so, they one will knock the other out. I agree, need gc to beat central and Morristown to win. A little help from letcher would be terrific. 

Marion and Graham play each other the last week. One will definitely knock the other out of contention for #1 seed.

What would be great for Union is Va High beating Marion and Marion beating Graham. Haha 

Mo West/DB was a 4 pt game until late in the 4th, so perhaps a Mo West victory over Bearden isn't as far fetched as it looked a couple weeks ago. And I don't see Letcher helping us out at all.

17 hours ago, BearDawg said:

... I’m hoping @VHSLhelper can crunch some numbers soon.

Me too. I'm way behind thanks to having to clean up the house after the break-in. It's less thn 50-50 I'll have the 2-weeks out stuff posted, with the time I need to double-check everything. But I will have it done by Friday and use it after the games to set up the last week.  We'll see.

7 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Princeton lost to WP 32-0 but have Greenbrier East and Brooke left. They "could" win both of those games, but is unlikely. It wouldn't be surprising if they lost both but I think they'll go 1-1 and finish 2-8 on the season. 

14 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Princeton lost to WP 32-0 but have Greenbrier East and Brooke left. They "could" win both of those games, but is unlikely. It wouldn't be surprising if they lost both but I think they'll go 1-1 and finish 2-8 on the season. 

You're right. I was looking at the wrong week on my spreadsheet. Brooke is the team I meant. Could be wrong, but I'm giving Princeton the win over Greenbrier.