Chilhowie @ Burton

Null

Even with Richlands/Union and Abingdon/GC playing this week, I think this will be the best game Friday night in SWVA. The same matchup last year in Chilhowie wasn't close but I believe this one will be. Warriors win this one by single digits. 

Bullitt Park? Yes, many times. Including PV/App '97. Which I believe will be the best high school game I will ever attend. As for Blues/Bears? I haven't. Although I did attend Richlands/PV games in the past. For this week though I still think Chilhowie/JIB will be a more competitive game but all the fun happens Friday night and we shall see. 

Chilhowie will need to be a little more disciplined this week to get the win.  I think you will see a lot more passing plays this year than last as Chilhowie’s QB can definitely throw the ball. However, the offensive line will need to step it up to give the QB a little more time to execute. Look out for some running plays with the sophmore backs. If 25 gets free he will be gone. I think it will be close but high scoring until the defense works out their growing pains. 39-31 Burton.  

On 9/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, dshreeves said:

Bullitt Park? Yes, many times. Including PV/App '97. Which I believe will be the best high school game I will ever attend. As for Blues/Bears? I haven't. Although I did attend Richlands/PV games in the past. For this week though I still think Chilhowie/JIB will be a more competitive game but all the fun happens Friday night and we shall see. 

I can't argue that, sorry for busting your chops. PV/Appy 97 is by far superior than any game I've ever been to (because I played in it), from watching crunch bunch up to college bowl games in person, that was definitely fun.

I feel that Richlands and Union is more than what PV/Richlands was.

And as far as competitiveness goes, Chil/JIB may be more competitive, but I just love the atmosphere at The Park.  (I'm a bit partial though)

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

I can't argue that, sorry for busting your chops.

No problem whatsoever, just talking football. 

I love Bullitt Park too, although living in Bristol doesn't allow me to get over that way very often.

Having played in that game in '97, it's no wonder you have such passion for the place.