John Battle

Counts

Well they tested positive either Friday or Saturday, so 10 days from there.  Central was obviously canceled,  Rv will be too. Then a short week to get ready for Union.

So by the rules agreed to those are losses for both C and Rv. Unless Battle forefits those games or reschedules 1 of them, I dont see how they could possibly reschedule both 

10 days could open them up to early next week (Assuming Friday or Saturday) day 1 they could play Monday or Tuesday vs Ridgeview and  do it again vs Central later in the year.

So is 10 days the rule?

Thats what I've been told. 10 days, no testing out. I doubt they would agree to play Rv on 2 days practice after not having those guys for 10 days. As far as Central a later date would work, C has the last week as their open week, Battle would just have to play 2 in a week

Abingdon basketball held to 14 days and were refused by administration to resume under the cdc 10 day requirement.  And that’s just because of a referee testing positive.  Cost the team 3 regular season games and opportunity to play in district tournament so lost 5-6 games.  Same school board/administration so don’t count on any relaxed rules.  They don’t care about anything except covering their @$$. 

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Well they tested positive either Friday or Saturday, so 10 days from there.  Central was obviously canceled,  Rv will be too. Then a short week to get ready for Union.

So by the rules agreed to those are losses for both C and Rv. Unless Battle forefits those games or reschedules 1 of them, I dont see how they could possibly reschedule both 

Punish the teams that were ready to play? Doesn't seem like an intelligent decision to me.

40 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I doubt they would agree to play Rv on 2 days practice after not having those guys for 10 days. 

Not sure why they should get a choice schedule them as soon as they are available to play this is a screwed up year everyone needs to adapt

Im not saying that's the right thing to do, I'm saying that's what the administrators of the region agreed to. If a game is canceled due to covid related reasons both teams get a Loss. The games don't have to be made up. The team with the quarantine can choose to reschedule or forefit but they don't have to.

It's not an intelligent decision at all, but nothing about this is intelligent 

18 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Im not saying that's the right thing to do, I'm saying that's what the administrators of the region agreed to. If a game is canceled due to covid related reasons both teams get a Loss. The games don't have to be made up. The team with the quarantine can choose to reschedule or forefit but they don't have to.

This is going to put a team that doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs , in the playoffs,  over a team that does.... mark my words. 

56 minutes ago, redtiger said:

That's so ridiculous that I can't believe a group of adults would agree to this.  This cannot possibly be correct, can it?

It not only hurts the actual teams competing for the playoffs (for example, Central/Union regarding Battle), but it just saps the Power Points from the rest of the M7.  You've artificially lowered the number of Power Points available for defeating a fellow M7 conference rival.  With the SWD looking like a 3-horse race, should the 2D playoffs be just the Top 4 in Power Points (not the Top 4 from each district), this pretty much just gives 1 of the M7's playoff spots to the 3rd SWD team.  Of course, who knows what the 2D's plans for the playoffs even are.  I've heard diametrically opposed things from multiple people who absolutely should know this.

Word on the street is John Battle is not going to try to make up the two games they canceled. I hate it for the Seniors of all three teams involved.  Central and Ridgeview are willing to make these games up during the week or do whatever it takes to make these up. It is being said that is Battle is totally uncooperative.  I hope that's not true. 

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Word on the street is John Battle is not going to try to make up the two games they canceled. I hate it for the Seniors of all three teams involved.  Central and Ridgeview are willing to make these games up during the week or do whatever it takes to make these up. It is being said that is Battle is totally uncooperative.  I hope that's not true. 

With how the schedule is this spring, I wouldn't fault Battle at all for that. Depending on how the schedule falls, that could require a team to play up to four games in a seven day period, which is totally unreasonable. Even if it was four games over the course of fourteen days, that's far more than any team would ever be asked to do, even in college and pro leagues. Quite frankly, it would be unsafe and irresponsible.

If they were to space them out accordingly that would be a tough 2 weeks but Thursday, Monday, Saturday, Friday isn't too unreasonable. Idk when their bye week is but one or both could be made up there. 

At least forefit so you don't screw Ridgeview or Central out of a win and the power points (Battle ain't beating either of them this season, regardless of when they play).

Haysi played 3 in... 9 days once, granted the competition was subpar. 

16 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

With how the schedule is this spring, I wouldn't fault Battle at all for that. Depending on how the schedule falls, that could require a team to play up to four games in a seven day period, which is totally unreasonable. Even if it was four games over the course of fourteen days, that's far more than any team would ever be asked to do, even in college and pro leagues. Quite frankly, it would be unsafe and irresponsible.

I'm not saying play 4 games in a seven day period. I'm saying be creative with your open week and make up at least one game. Nobody was saying it was irresponsible when teams were playing Monday and Saturday in the same week at the beginning of the year. 

7 minutes ago, breckt said:

Is it for certain that Battle will be able to play Union this week? Hopefully, they won't have any more covid issues.

They just moved the game to Saturday at 2pm I saw on Twitter. So looks like they are playing.