I know we aren't SWbut,.... Appomattox vs Williams Campbell

BoBob

Two big winners from last week battle tonight as the Raiders travel to William Campbell.
WC look like they have good size up front and appear to be very aggressive. They also look to have some good athletes on the field. It should be a good match up and I hope the Raiders are ready to play and not just show up expecting the win. If that happens I feel they could get more than they are ready for.

2 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Two big winners from last week battle tonight as the Raiders travel to William Campbell.
WC look like they have good size up front and appear to be very aggressive. They also look to have some good athletes on the field. It should be a good match up and I hope the Raiders are ready to play and not just show up expecting the win. If that happens I feel they could get more than they are ready for.

I for one like keeping up with the Raiders.  They are the top dog in VA 2A right now.  I plan on watching.  This will be a bigger challenge for the Raiders than what Alta Vista posed.

37 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I for one like keeping up with the Raiders.  They are the top dog in VA 2A right now.  I plan on watching.  This will be a bigger challenge for the Raiders than what Alta Vista posed.

Without a doubt.

I'm worried about some of the mind sets right now.  Confident is one thing but cocky is another.  One of our older players that some might remember was, Javon Scruggs. He walked this line perfectly in my opinion, supremely confident in his abilities but was ALWAYS one of the hardest workers on the practice field. 

Not all of the Raiders like this but more than I care to see. 

3 hours ago, BoBob said:

Without a doubt.

I'm worried about some of the mind sets right now.  Confident is one thing but cocky is another.  One of our older players that some might remember was, Javon Scruggs. He walked this line perfectly in my opinion, supremely confident in his abilities but was ALWAYS one of the hardest workers on the practice field. 

Not all of the Raiders like this but more than I care to see. 

Is this a 7:00 game

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Y’all ever gonna take a step backwards? 😂😂

Lol! Not saying we aren’t now. Just trying to improve weekly now.

9 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I believe Region D is probably the deepest this year with Central, Graham, Ridgeview, Tazewell, Union and Richlands.  But I do believe that Appomattox is the team to beat once again.

Lots of improvement to be done! I’m sure the coaches will be working and pushing them hard this week. 

4 hours ago, oldfool said:

With playing what i consider a very weak schedule this year i'm not looking forward to playoffs. Appo might be ready for them by then but the young men have a ways to go.

Yea, that ain’t helping the team. They really need to work for one. Wish we could bring in one of the Seminole teams instead of the ones we are playing a second time. 
Win or loose the battle is needed.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Appomattox has as many athletes as ever but doesn’t seem as strong or deep along the lines as previous vintages.  Still perfectly capable of winning it all, however, and should rightly be considered the favorite until dethroned.

Staying healthy is going to be very important for them.