Scrimmages : Aug 10-14 - updated

VHSLhelper

9 hours ago, Weatherman said:

So Abingdon will be down this season?  I thought they would be picked to win the Mtn. 7 again this year.

I see Central, Union, and Ridgeview's games with each other as toss-ups.  I'm hearing GC is improved as well.

I thought Abingdon looked pretty solid in the scrimmage with Graham.  The passing game looked good.  The line blocked well.  Defense gave up a few big plays, 3 long td's to Bradshaw and a long run by Blevins.  All 4 of those plays were athletic plays created by the individual players.  Other then those 4 plays, the defense did very well against the run and pass.  

Same here. I was very impressed with Abingdon. I don't know how they looked last year compared to the M7 , and compared to the M7 this year. I was aware of Lucas. I would be interested to see what Abingdon lost (or returned) on the line of scrimmage. They looked very good to me on both sides of the ball up front.  

The QB they had had a good srm, but their offensive scheme in my opinion is ahead of its peers. I wrote this earlier, if the talent is equal up front, they likely have an advantage over the team they are facing due to their offensive coordinator.  He is probably worth 7 points of separation. They do some complex stuff offensively for a High School team and do it pretty dang good. They had Graham fooled a few times. Of course, it's early, but still, very impressed with their O and D lines and their offensive coordinator/offensive system.

14 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Same here. I was very impressed with Abingdon. I don't know how they looked last year compared to the M7 , and compared to the M7 this year. I was aware of Lucas. I would be interested to see what Abingdon lost (or returned) on the line of scrimmage. They looked very good to me on both sides of the ball up front.  

The QB they had had a good srm, but their offensive scheme in my opinion is ahead of its peers. I wrote this earlier, if the talent is equal up front, they likely have an advantage over the team they are facing due to their offensive coordinator.  He is probably worth 7 points of separation. They do some complex stuff offensively for a High School team and do it pretty dang good. They had Graham fooled a few times. Of course, it's early, but still, very impressed with their O and D lines and their offensive coordinator/offensive system.

Qb for abingdon is Lucas honaker. His dad is one that played for Patrick henry glade spring Jeremy honaker. I did marry Jeremy sister. He like my nephew n law. I'm happy for him.