Week 1 updates

BearsFan88

Before folks crucify the program please understand that intelligent football fans understand that it's going to take Joey 3-5 years to get this Lee program turned around. I absolutely believe the hire is excellent,but Rome wasn't built in a day. Utilize patience,shelve politics and stay out of his way and let him coach and you'll be better for it General faithful.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Not sure it's possible Eastside is much worse. Turnovers haven't helped but Lee has gave zero resistance on defense from what I've gathered from radio. 

Both are really bad.  Unions reserves came in with 8 minutes to go and drove the ball down field but didn't score and defense stopped Lee after and there's alot of freshman on the field

Travis showing a lot of restraint, scoring 50 in first half of first game would send a message that Union isn't to be taken lightly and may be a contender in December, but he did the right thing getting young kids experience against the Lee 1s. No use in risking a starter getting hurt.

36 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Travis showing a lot of restraint, scoring 50 in first half of first game would send a message that Union isn't to be taken lightly and may be a contender in December, but he did the right thing getting young kids experience against the Lee 1s. No use in risking a starter getting hurt.

I got your boys playing in Salem.  I know Appo is on the same side.  I think the Bears get over the hump this year.  

20 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I got your boys playing in Salem.  I know Appo is on the same side.  I think the Bears get over the hump this year.  

That would shock me. Just seems like Appomattox has Unions number. This Union team is way more athletic and talented than people may realize but I'm still not sure they will win 2D much less topple the kings.