Week 7 updates

VHSLhelper

26 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Not quite as crowded as expected.

I posted this earlier in the year about the Union QB after watching him in game one.  He WILL, and Union will have far more gains in the passing game this year in BIG games that many years past.  Well, with Graham, he was huge with the run, but had some critical 3rd down passes.  On 3 3rd downs in this first quarter, and two of them 3rd and long, he through the ball right on the money for the first down.  I know Lomax is big, but the QB is the key.  He makes Every Big play when the opponent tries to take the momentum.  He did it on the basketball floor.  Kid is a winner.  The difference in this Union team and many years past in my opinion, and I said this earlier in the year was the QB, and to expect Union is big games to be FAR more effective with the pass When they need to be.  That's exactly what has happened through the first quarter of the Ridgeview Game.

I'm amazed how Union runs the jet-toss sweep and it has to be seen time and time again on film, and the opponents defensive ends just continue to get beat to the outside.  The same thing happened with Graham.  I'm amazed by that.  Credit the Bears for great execution, but that has to be scouted and seen on film during the week and I'm sure the coaches have told their kids to get wide (at DE), yet Union runs it so quick and blocks so well that the running back seems to get the edge the overwhelming majority of the time.