Regional Playoff schedules?

Real Sasquatch

17 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

There is no "home" team in WV. All games are neutral in theory. WVSSAC pays all workers and pays and assigns all officials. Higher seed gets to choose where (as long as the field is pre certified) and lower seed gets to choose when from three dates and times. There are no banners. No home passes. And when I am the P. A. Announcer for Bluefield I have to be neutral.

Boy or boy, Virginia could learn a lot from WV regarding High School Football.  I think the above you described is solid (just one dude's opinion).  I'm so so on you having to be neutral with the home team when announcing, but I can live with it.  I like WV's power rating system/how the system determines playoffs. 

30 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

There is no "home" team in WV. All games are neutral in theory. WVSSAC pays all workers and pays and assigns all officials. Higher seed gets to choose where (as long as the field is pre certified) and lower seed gets to choose when from three dates and times. There are no banners. No home passes. And when I am the P. A. Announcer for Bluefield I have to be neutral.

Again stupid

Bluefield Researcher, can the Beavers beat Point Pleasant?  What I'm getting at is........I know anything's possible when two teams step on the field, but is Point Pleasant so far ahead that even with 4 turnovers, they still beat Bluefield, or is Bluefield fairly close, or close enough to be able to have a chance?  I've head by a few people WV AA ball is a bit down this year compared to most years.

AA is way down. Anything is possible but Bluefield should win. Maybe even comfortably. Now PP is well coached but they just don't have the athletes. Unless they use the Mothman! The only team they played that is athletic is Greenbrier East. Happens to be the only game that they lost.

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

VHSL Official Brackets Up 

https://www.vhsl.org/brackets/football/

Region A also pulls the "weird" like Region D.  They used some kind of wack job approach to determine their seeds.  The two best teams in the region, or likely the two best teams in King William and Nottoway somehow, someway, if they win in week 1, will play each other in week 2.  Poquoson, the 3rd highest team in power rating and likely, the 3rd best team somehow was made the 6 seed instead of the 3, and Poquoson gets to avoid King William and Nottoway until the Region Championship.  If your Poquoson, you are happy for the 6 seed, if you are King William and Nottoway, you are asking WTF?

Just now, GilesDavis4321 said:

Region A also pulls the "weird" like Region D.  They used some kind of wack job approach to determine their seeds.  The two best teams in the region, or likely the two best teams in King William and Nottoway somehow, someway, if they win in week 1, will play each other in week 2.  Poquoson, the 3rd highest team in power rating and likely, the 3rd best team somehow was made the 6 seed instead of the 3, and Poquoson gets to avoid King William and Nottoway until the Region Championship.  If your Poquoson, you are happy for the 6 seed, if you are King William and Nottoway, you are asking WTF?

I kind of feel for VA High having to go to the park as the visiting team when they outpointed Union but Richlands is home team. Whacky post season set up this fall. 

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah ridiculous 

Richlands ended up 6th in region in powerpoints yet gets home game & VA High is 2nd and travels. I don’t have a dog in the fight Graham is home regardless but it just seems plain wrong. 

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah ridiculous 

It's what happens when some dumb a** AD or School Official tries to make a name for himself or outthink things that don't need to be messed with.  Do it as always, pick the top 8 teams by power rating and if team A only got in 8 games or 6 games or 10 games due to Covid, then divide by the amount of games played.  Somebody, somewhere had to come up with the idea to do something different, and that person has had to get others on board to make it happen.   Hopefully, all will return to normal next year.

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Richlands ended up 6th in region in powerpoints yet gets home game & VA High is 2nd and travels. I don’t have a dog in the fight Graham is home regardless but it just seems plain wrong. 

And Graham, the highest ranked team by power ranking if they win in game one, will not get to automatically play the lowest remaining seeded team in (Ridgeview if they win).  Still, the real joke is Gate City and Lee High.  I don't know how Lee High, and their AD/Coach can get off the bus at Mitchell Stadium with their eyes gazing up and shoulders not slouched.  It's not Lee High's fault though.   Looks like Lee High's choice to play East Montgomery and Rye Cove or whoever it was vs Gate City playing against Radford and Richlands really paid off.   That will teach Gate City to stop playing better competition!!  Hopefully they learned their lesson!!!  LMAO.  What a freaking joke.

4 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

It's what happens when some dumb a** AD or School Official tries to make a name for himself or outthink things that don't need to be messed with.  Do it as always, pick the top 8 teams by power rating and if team A only got in 8 games or 6 games or 10 games due to Covid, then divide by the amount of games played.  Somebody, somewhere had to come up with the idea to do something different, and that person has had to get others on board to make it happen.   Hopefully, all will return to normal next year.

I think this was decided by the principals and not the AD's.

5 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Sorry but I was talking about WV system...where visiting lower seeded team gets to decide...stupid as hell

2 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

And Graham, the highest ranked team by power ranking if they win in game one, will not get to automatically play the lowest remaining seeded team in (Ridgeview if they win).  Still, the real joke is Gate City and Lee High.  I don't know how Lee High, and their AD/Coach can get off the bus at Mitchell Stadium with their eyes gazing up and shoulders not slouched.  It's not Lee High's fault though. 

That is going to be a real learning experience for those young players and one they need.  

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

That's even worse.  Actually, that's more pathetic.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the principals made the decision without the Head Football Coaches having a clue until the deal was done.  I can't be sure of that though.  I don't know and don't claim to know.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Well, Graham’s principal is a female, lol. Surely, she would have consulted someone , the AD or HC before voting but maybe not. 

43 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Based on what I just saw Va High had a 22.90 and Union a 22.50. So if you take away the welfare points they both would have had a 22.10. Central would have also had a 22.10 if you take away their 4 welfare points.

If the region had simply done 1-8 seeding, all three would be at home. With that said, every team needs to play at the park from time to time. It’s truly a great atmosphere & a test for any teams fortitude. Good luck to both! 

Just Read This from Vapreps

Region A Power Rankings

1.  Nottoway   2.  King William   3.  Poquoson     4.   Brunswick

5.  Thomas J.  6.  Amelia      7.  Greensville County  8.  Randolph Henry

Now....Here are how They are Seeded

1.  Nottoway plays 8. Randolph Henry

2.  King William plays   7.  Greensville County

3.  Brunswick hosts 6 Poquoson

4.  Amelia hosts 5 Thomas Jefferson

Amelia the 6th ranked team in power ranking being the 4th seed and Poquoson, the 3rd highest ranked team in power rating being seeded as the 6th seed isn't a misprint.  Poquoson would travel in games 1 and 2, and likely in game 3.

15 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Just Read This from Vapreps

Region A Power Rankings

1.  Nottoway   2.  King William   3.  Poquoson     4.   Brunswick

5.  Thomas J.  6.  Amelia      7.  Greensville County  8.  Randolph Henry

Now....Here are how They are Seeded

1.  Nottoway plays 8. Randolph Henry

2.  King William plays   7.  Greensville County

3.  Brunswick hosts 6 Poquoson

4.  Amelia hosts 5 Thomas Jefferson

Amelia the 6th ranked team in power ranking being the 4th seed and Poquoson, the 3rd highest ranked team in power rating being seeded as the 6th seed isn't a misprint.  Poquoson would travel in games 1 and 2, and likely in game 3.

When Region D said their screwed up format couldn't be surpassed Region A said hold my beer.