What playoff game will you be at?

SwvaOG

On 11/15/2021 at 5:15 PM, Hokie777 said:

10 hours ago, Melvin said:

We might go to that one. Would have like to have stayed home and watched Vero Beach at Palm Beach Central in the 2nd round of the FHSAA Class 8A 2nd round, but we're driving back to Kingsport on Thursday. Our daughter and son in-law are officially adopting two sisters that they have been fostering for the last 2 1/2 years. Saturday is National Adoption Day, and they will participate in a ceremony at the courthouse in Jonesborough with other kids being adopted, and three sets of doting new "official" grandparents that are over the moon that these girls will be a permanent part of our lives. If we can't make it to Greeneville on Friday, we'll certainly catch the semifinal game the following week. I'm also entertaining the idea of coming back home on December 16th for the Class 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8A championships in Fort Lauderdale, which is a little over an hour from us, then go back to Kingsport for Christmas.

Congratulations and man that's a lot of driving! 

5 hours ago, SXSW said:

Congratulations and man that's a lot of driving! 

Thanks! It worked out great. The youngest girl was only a month old when they got them, and the oldest was 5 1/2, so they are the only parents the little one has ever known, and the oldest was calling them mom and dad less than 6 months after they got them. She had been bounced around to a couple of other foster homes before, and has been stressed that she would eventually have to go somewhere else. 

Yeah, that's a lot of driving, but if I go back for the championships, I may fly. I can fly to Palm Beach for a little over $300 round trip.

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Thanks! It worked out great. The youngest girl was only a month old when they got them, and the oldest was 5 1/2, so they are the only parents the little one has ever known, and the oldest was calling them mom and dad less than 6 months after they got them. She had been bounced around to a couple of other foster homes before, and has been stressed that she would eventually have to go somewhere else. 

Yeah, that's a lot of driving, but if I go back for the championships, I may fly. I can fly to Palm Beach for a little over $300 round trip.

Check with Allegiant out of Asheville and the good looking kid fixing the airplanes is our son. He is now the lead mechanic, soon to be the chief mechanic! Flight costs $109 and takes an hour and forty nine minutes to West Palm Beach.

6 hours ago, SXSW said:

Check with Allegiant out of Asheville and the good looking kid fixing the airplanes is our son. He is now the lead mechanic, soon to be the chief mechanic! Flight costs $109 and takes an hour and forty nine minutes to West Palm Beach.

I saw that. I'm considering it, but I'd have to do a Sunday thru Sunday because the games start on Thursday. It'll depend on who all makes the finals. Would love to see Cardinal Gibbons v Cocoa meet in 4A and one of locals Treasure Coast or Vero Beach make the 8A game. Hope to see Miami Central and Miami Northwestern make their games as well.