JI Burton @ Ridgeview

SwvaOG

3 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

And there you have it folks.  Back to you in the studio.  😂

🤣 all seriousness I don’t see how Burton has the depth to hang with Ridgeview. Even on an off night. Ridgeview and Central is typically a pretty heated contest with some extremely entertaining social media lead up. Rooting for RV there. 

17 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Do the Raiders have a chance to keep it close?  Will Ridgeview get caught looking ahead to Wise in a couple of weeks?  

Nope because Central is worse than Burton this year.  Besides, Ridgeview has a much tougher challenge before they play Central and that is Grundy at Grundy.  Where the PA announcer influences the refs with his commentary.

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

🤣 all seriousness I don’t see how Burton has the depth to hang with Ridgeview. Even on an off night. Ridgeview and Central is typically a pretty heated contest with some extremely entertaining social media lead up. Rooting for RV there. 

Central talked an awful long time about the upset in the Fog Bowl. Really did a bat flip and slow jog around the bases on that one.  Ridgeview repaid the favor last year, twice.  I noticed the Pack players stay on the field for a long time after each game.  They were sitting on the Central logo taking pictures.  😂 Gotta love a really good rivalry where they just hate each other.

This is a game where RV should work on the run as much as possible imo. Sure, RVs bread and butter is the QB and Wide Open passing game and you do what you do and get the lead, but it's games like this where you can perhaps work in more balance and get the offensive line more run blocking reps that will likely be needed at some point down the road in a big game, down inside the 10 yard line where 3 or 4 yds on the ground is needed to win the game or to put the game away.

Same with Union and Lee. Lee isn't beating Union, period. So, sure if you are Union, you do what you do and run the ball first, but a game like this could be perfect to break in the new QB and get him some short and intermediate passes building his confidence and the WRs, and getting the OL some Pass Blocking reps. A short passing game that's efficient, even if 5 to 7 passes max per game, will be needed at some point to either win a game, or to put a game away.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Nope because Central is worse than Burton this year.  Besides, Ridgeview has a much tougher challenge before they play Central and that is Grundy at Grundy.  Where the PA announcer influences the refs with his commentary.

You should try suiting up and playing there (apologies if you have).  Not my favorite place and it seems like it hasn’t changed much over the years

7 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

You should try suiting up and playing there (apologies if you have).  Not my favorite place and it seems like it hasn’t changed much over the years

Never played... Lol.  But yeah, Grundy is one of the absolute worst places to go watch a game if you're a visitor.  Everyone says it's Richlands, but Grundy has them beat by 10,000 miles.  The PA announcer is terrible and they play music at a million decibels on the visitors side which deafens you for about a week after the game.

1 hour ago, Centraljunkie said:

Ridgeview’s Passing game in now in Russell County with the Tigers. Ridgeview will have one year run and back to the cellar for the pack.

There are some concerns about that and there are those that think it will be better now. Time will tell.  One thing is for sure, they will never have this collection of QB and WR talent together again.  I would say they will be dangerous at least as long as O’Quinn is there.

35 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Yep, agree.  Doesn’t seem to think much of the Beavers kid.  The Ridge is just a different vibe……would love to know how things really are up there. 

There are a lot of ME before WE attitudes on the ridge.  With this being the senior years for a lot of their skill players I could see a lot of tension because they want their stats to be padded.

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

There are some concerns about that and there are those that think it will be better now. Time will tell.  One thing is for sure, they will never have this collection of QB and WR talent together again.  I would say they will be dangerous at least as long as O’Quinn is there.

The Job that Tiller Did getting that kid ready as a freshman should not be over looked. Tiller did something Colley couldn’t do. Never seen Colley take a Freshman that far

1 hour ago, Observer said:

There are a lot of ME before WE attitudes on the ridge.  With this being the senior years for a lot of their skill players I could see a lot of tension because they want their stats to be padded.

Yep, hasn’t been the quietest rumor around that some of those players are ME and not so much TEAM.