George Wythe vs Graham

Gridiron60

On 9/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, Gridiron60 said:

He’s the announcer for Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network. He does an outstanding job at it too. Us Tazewell County fans are like fighting brothers when we play but we support each other otherwise. 😉

Younger version of Jim Nelson for the coverage area.

Guys, I think George Wythe is the best 11/22 roster/personnel that Graham plays in regular season. I think George Wythe plays for the Class 1 state title this year, barring any key injuries which can flip a top Class 1 team on its head instantly if the right ones occur.  I think GW is better than Tazewell, Galax, Bluefield, Pulaski, and slightly better than Union this year.  I am scared to pick GW over Galax, but if you take the jerseys, history, and team names off of GWs 11/22 positions and put em against Galax's 11/22 on a neutral field, I think GW is the better group this year. Graham better approach this game with the same level of intensity as Bluefield/Tazewell/Union and Galax, or they may find it uncomfortably close in the mid 4th qtr. 

2 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

Well someone asked me about it being moved to  Thursday so I thought I would ask here  

Well, I mean anything is possible but I haven’t heard that or seen an announcement as such. I don’t think the rain off the hurricane will hit here until sometime this weekend if that was the concern. 

Over under on this game and others being played (the ones that are still scheduled scheduled Friday and haven't been moved)? I'm going....1 in 4 chance or betting about 3 out of the 4 that were scheduled for Friday night and never got moved to tonight get canceled. Just my opinion though. I hope all the games are still on, and they very well might get em all in, but I doubt it with the weather that's coming.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Over under on this game and others being played (the ones that are still scheduled scheduled Friday and haven't been moved)? I'm going....1 in 4 chance or betting about 3 out of the 4 that were scheduled for Friday night and never got moved to tonight get canceled. Just my opinion though. I hope all the games are still on, and they very well might get em all in, but I doubt it with the weather that's coming.

I would think with our governor declaring a state of emergency, even if Graham wants to play, GW would have the option of saying they’re not coming. Although, I don’t think the worst of it is until later on but who knows. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Keep thinking GW is a pushover, see how that works out for you. 

Two of GW's starters played little league football with this group of Graham kids. This game is like cousins getting to play against each other for the first time since MS. They each know what the other is capable of and bragging rights will be on the line. I can assure you these kids are not overlooking this game. GW is solid.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, UVAObserver said:

Graham by however much they want minus how much the JV allows.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

What Graham person in this thread said GW was a pushover? You’re just making up 💩

Does that answer your question? 

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Never mind, I get it UVAObserver stated his opinion and you chime in right on schedule 😂😂😂😂. Your obsession with him is unhealthy 😂😂😂😂

So you question me, I show you the facts, and instead of apologizing you somehow try to turn it back on me.

All you had to say was sorry I missed that post, since it clearly states exactly what I said. 

Unhealthy would be kissing up to a goofball who disappears and refuses to acknowledge when he's wrong. That ain't me. If I'm wrong, I'll be there to eat crow, unlike your old pal. 

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

So you question me, I show you the facts, and instead of apologizing you somehow try to turn it back on me.

All you had to say was sorry I missed that post, since it clearly states exactly what I said. 

Unhealthy would be kissing up to a goofball who disappears and refuses to acknowledge when he's wrong. That ain't me. If I'm wrong, I'll be there to eat crow, unlike your old pal. 

Yeah, he did say that but you see I consider UVAObserver more of a Tazewell guy so I wasn’t thinking of his comment as being a Graham person when I responded to you. 

None of the main Graham posters on this board like Mountain Football or myself ever said anything about Graham thinking GW was a pushover. 

10 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yeah, he did say that but you see I consider UVAObserver more of a Tazewell guy so I wasn’t thinking of his comment as being a Graham person when I responded to you. 

None of the main Graham posters on this board like Mountain Football or myself ever said anything about Graham thinking GW was a pushover. 

Fair enough. You guys are more level headed and fair than he is anyway, but I think of him as a Graham and Tazwell guy. 

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I never said that GW was a “pushover”. GW is a decent enough team that will probably meet Galax for the 1C title in Week 3 of the playoffs.  That being said, which GW team will show up?  The one that played Radford tightly in Week 1 or the one that eked out a win last week over Rural Retreat?

Regardless of which one shows up, Graham is an entirely different animal than they’ve seen thus far.  Graham isn’t putting up 60 points on anybody this year, but they win games with 28-45 points by grinding other teams into submission.  That’s what I think will happen to GW.  Graham will score its customary 35-ish points and what GW scores will be exclusively against Graham’s reserves.  

A Ram truck puts up pretty good resistance, but it doesn’t matter when it meets a bulldozer.  Thus I see this game.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I never said that GW was a “pushover”. GW is a decent enough team that will probably meet Galax for the 1C title in Week 3 of the playoffs.  That being said, which GW team will show up?  The one that played Radford tightly in Week 1 or the one that eked out a win last week over Rural Retreat?

Regardless of which one shows up, Graham is an entirely different animal than they’ve seen thus far.  Graham isn’t putting up 60 points on anybody this year, but they win games with 28-45 points by grinding other teams into submission.  That’s what I think will happen to GW.  Graham will score its customary 35-ish points and what GW scores will be exclusively against Graham’s reserves.  

A Ram truck puts up pretty good resistance, but it doesn’t matter when it meets a bulldozer.  Thus I see this game.

RR game for GW is the same as bluefield vs graham! Not same level obviously, and in a  Big rivalry and u can throw records out! To be honest RR came out and played hard GW came out thinking it was going to be an easy win and when you let a rival hang around to long and gain confidence it makes the game harder than need be. We will see if GW gets their crap together! 

Saw GW play Union at the park for a benefit game, they looked pretty stout and the first team played Union pretty even. If they haven't been bit by the injury bug and field the same team, I wouldn't sleep on them. I'm sure Graham isn't sleeping on them either, coach Palmer seems to be doing a decent job this year.

GHS---28
GWHS---7