Gate City vs Lebanon

Pioneer

The Pioneers took a tough loss to VA High last week 42 to 7. The Blue Devils beat Union in a shocker. Seems to me like Gate City plays to the level of competition. They've beat, Abingdon, Marion, and Union. They've lost to Richlands and Radford. The Marion game although a win was just 35 to 28. Gate City's win against Abingdon wont be considered as big of an upset by the end of the season. I think  we will see Abingdon lose 5 or 6 games when the season is over, they could possibly lose more. I definitely will say Gate City is the favorites in this one; however Lebanon has a good enough offense to make it interesting if Gate City takes this game lightly and plays to Lebanon's level. 

Blue Devils 42

Pioneers 28

Lebanon will get back on track after this week with Northwood and Castlewood games coming up. 

GC is a transitioning program. Going from the bottom and a culture of losing the past 7 or so years that now has a coach who is very solid and some talent coming up and basically they are undergoing a culture change. The great wins with headscratching losses will persist this year and next. In 2024, deeper playoff runs become the new (old norm) for Gate City. Only my opinion. 

Don't look now, but after the loss to Richlands and giving up over 60 to Radford, Gate City has beat Abingdon and Union. It doesn't matter what they do with Central, if they somehow pull a W over Ridgeview, they are likely clinched for at LEAST a tie for the M7 title. If they beat Ridgeview, they may win the M7 outright this year. That's crazy.

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If they beat Ridgeview, they may win the M7 outright this year. That's crazy.

If that happens, “Things No One Saw Coming? for $300, Alex?” Good luck to them! They are a program in transition which is good for everyone! Having quality teams in M7 & SWD helps everyone get better. 

2 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

GC got smoked by a very good Redford team and Richlands played an awesome first half against them from what I’ve read.  Seems like they are going to get better and better as the season goes on. 

If gate city played Richlands again, they’d blow there doors off. That was a game with first game mistakes and Richlands just come out with less. Gate city will win this with ease. (They should anyways) lol. As everyone said. It’s hard to predict Gate city. 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If that happens, “Things No One Saw Coming? for $300, Alex?” Good luck to them! They are a program in transition which is good for everyone! Having quality teams in M7 & SWD helps everyone get better. 

No love for GC here but SWVA football is better when GC is good. 

If Gate City is able to win the game it would be number 600 for the program. The ability for Gate City to make in game adjustments is starting to be impressive and there is talent coming in the future. The culture has changed and the transition to 21st century football is almost complete. It is amazing that all you have to do sometimes is ask people to just go away and take the "rat poison" attitude with you.