Postponements

stu_bean

16 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Look, those teams that moved their games to Thursday were ahead of the curve.  Proactive AD’s and staff made the right call.

Just assuming some of those games were homecoming and all festivities included. Most were probably waiting and hoping for the best, instead of having to change everything 

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

You'd think more games would've been moved to Thursday I'm getting too damn old to stand in a cold rain for 2 hours so thank you NFHS Network

Problem is the cameras dont catch all the action.  Better than nothing but still not like seeing it in person.

All the games in our area were moved to Monday and one on Tuesday It's a gorgeous 82 degree cloudless day here today, but the teams haven't been able.to practice for 3 days because of hurricane and tropical storm warnings. 

. Think we'll watch John Carroll Catholic at Cardinal Newman in West Palm Beach on Monday. Both are state title contenders in their divisions. On Tuesday we may go watch Treasure Coast at #10 (national) Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood, provided I feel like navigating the Miami metro rush hour traffic, which is truly a white knuckle ride.

53 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

All the games in our area were moved to Monday and one on Tuesday It's a gorgeous 82 degree cloudless day here today, but the teams haven't been able.to practice for 3 days because of hurricane and tropical storm warnings. 

. Think we'll watch John Carroll Catholic at Cardinal Newman in West Palm Beach on Monday. Both are state title contenders in their divisions. On Tuesday we may go watch Treasure Coast at #10 (national) Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood, provided I feel like navigating the Miami metro rush hour traffic, which is truly a white knuckle ride.

Was wondering how you were doing man and if you got any major damage down your way.

1 hour ago, Stranger danger said:

Just assuming some of those games were homecoming and all festivities included. Most were probably waiting and hoping for the best, instead of having to change everything 

Due to forecasted weather, Craig County will not play us tomorrow night. We will now be playing Massanutten Military Academy instead. We will be moving our Friday night homecoming activities to next week's game versus Roanoke Catholic. The Homecoming dance will go on as planned.

https://twitter.com/MVHS_Generals/status/1575559798313328640

homecoming - 
Science Hill, Elizabethton, Narrows, Patrick Co., Halifax Co., Chatham  

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I feel like if it hadn’t been homecoming week, Graham might have changed it. Next week is a bye week for them, realistically, they could have moved it to Monday but if it’s not as bye for GW as well, that would make it tough on them. 

Move homecoming to Thursday night. Graham's homecoming is against Bluefield at the beginning of the year when people/fans/alums actually come home from around the country. They don't come home for George Wythe in game 6 of the season. My point is....is it that big of a deal to have the homecoming festivities at half time moved from Friday to 24 hours in advance to Thursday? Maybe it is...I don't know for sure, but it begs the question.

I would bet that most officials/ADS who wanted to wait and see what the weather would do tonight instead of moving it to Thursday (last night) have a plan in place already for when to play the game if tonight's weather was too much. Now, for the ones who didn't move it to Thursday night and are not sure/have little to no plan as to when the game will be played, we'll that would be borderline incompetence.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Was wondering how you were doing man and if you got any major damage down your way.

We were really fortunate. We were on the southeast side of it, where it was mostly "dry" compared to the rest of the storm. We started getting outflow bands Tuesday evening and had around 4 inches of rain with several tornado warnings, but on Wednesday, we hardly had any rain at all, but the wind picked up in the afternoon and peaked out that evening and night with 45 MPH sustained winds with gusts to 65-70. We closed our hurricane shutters on Tuesday afternoon before the rain hit and took yard decorations inside so they wouldn't fly away, but that was about the extent of preparations except for having food/water/flashlight batteries on hand. Some parts of town lost power for a few hours, but we never did. There were tons of small limbs and palm fronds down everywhere, along with a few privacy fences knocked down, but that was about it.