Pick 5

DB-6130

I have been catching up on podcast and heard this on the Marty Smith Podcast and thought it would be good for this board

You pick the following but the rule is you can only pick 1 thing from a team. So if I pick Ridgeview's Offense I can not pick Ridgeview for any other topic. 

The 5 things are

Offense

Defense

Head Coach/ Staff

Stadium 

Gameday atmosphere/ tradition

Here is mine

Offense- Tazewell 

Defense- Ridgeview

Coach- Rye Cove

Stadium- Honaker (Fans right on the field)

Atmosphere- Union

1 hour ago, DB-6130 said:

I have been catching up on podcast and heard this on the Marty Smith Podcast and thought it would be good for this board

You pick the following but the rule is you can only pick 1 thing from a team. So if I pick Ridgeview's Offense I can not pick Ridgeview for any other topic. 

The 5 things are

Offense

Defense

Head Coach/ Staff

Stadium 

Gameday atmosphere/ tradition

Here is mine

Offense- Tazewell 

Defense- Ridgeview

Coach- Rye Cove

Stadium- Honaker (Fans right on the field)

Atmosphere- Union

Offense Radford

Defense Graham

Coach Gate City

Stadium  Union, but the one they don't play on at Riggs. but not torn down yet, so I'm picking it

Atmosphere Giles, still my favorite regardless of record

offense - Ridgeview

Defense - Graham

Coach - Gate City

Stadium -  Riggs I know games aren't there anymore but its still there

Atmosphere - Union

I'm sure Radford has best offense but just picked teams I've seen and places I've been

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Offense Radford

Defense Graham

Coach Gate City

Stadium  Union, but the one they don't play on at Riggs. but not torn down yet, so I'm picking it

Atmosphere Giles, still my favorite regardless of record

Damn I thought I'd be only person picking Riggs lol

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Offense-Radford

Defense-Graham

Coach- Gate City

Stadium-Mitchell (Technically is Bluefield’s so I’m not using same team twice, lol)

Atmosphere-Union 

Hey now you cheated lol

25 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Hey now you cheated lol

I don’t think I technically cheated. I think I maybe tip toed around the rules. 😂😂😂 I like Ridgeview’s stadium too. I’ve only been once but it’s a nice high school campus. 

18 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Damn I thought I'd be only person picking Riggs lol

Any reason(s) they can't/won't play at Riggs anymore? I was thinking they played at least one game there several years ago against Sullivan North. 

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Any reason(s) they can't/won't play at Riggs anymore? I was thinking they played at least one game there several years ago against Sullivan North. 

That has become the soccer stadium. They also play a few 8th and JV football games there too. They did the Sullivan North game there because they had 6 home games that year. I think any other reasons would be political.

Incredible coaching job by Graham last night. That's how you adjust to an opponents weaknesses while still trying to play to your strengths.  With that written, it's much easier when you are a run first team and adjust your running style (blocking schemes, formations) than it is if you are a pass first team and you are trying to adjust and account for injuries. It's another example where come playoff time, run first teams have more cushion/resilience for injuries and adjusting for them compaed to pass first teams at lower classifications of High School Football. 

Hats off to Grahams staff. Whether it worked or didn't work, they gave their kids offensively, the best chance of winning last night, and for them, it did work.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

That has become the soccer stadium. They also play a few 8th and JV football games there too. They did the Sullivan North game there because they had 6 home games that year. I think any other reasons would be political.

Also heard a few people complained about the parking.  I’d like to see them play 1 game every 3 years up there so the Appalachia kids could play a game in their hometown before graduating and also what  a great view on the hill to watch a game 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t think I technically cheated. I think I maybe tip toed around the rules. 😂😂😂 I like Ridgeview’s stadium too. I’ve only been once but it’s a nice high school campus. 

Yeah just messing with you lol

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Interesting. I didn't realize they has soccer. 

3 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Also heard a few people complained about the parking.  I’d like to see them play 1 game every 3 years up there so the Appalachia kids could play a game in their hometown before graduating and also what  a great view on the hill to watch a game 

I can see that. I parked in there once and learned my lesson. I'd rather walk a good ways than be stuck in there.