Galax at Auburn

MT FAN 91

Genuinely feel sadness for Bland, Craig and similar schools who want to play football but just don't have the student enrollment that consistently provides sufficient numbers.

I don't feel the same way about Auburn. To me, there is a big difference between wanting to play football and not have enough students and having plenty of students and not wanting to play football. 

Just now, sixcat said:

Genuinely feel sadness for Bland, Craig and similar schools who want to play football but just don't have the student enrollment that consistently provides sufficient numbers.

I don't feel the same way about Auburn. To me, there is a big difference between wanting to play football and not have enough students and having plenty of students and not wanting to play football. 

What was the reason for the cancellation? 

28 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

What was the reason for the cancellation? 

Running out of healthy players. For a school the size of Auburn, that shouldn't happen. There are only 5 Class 1 schools larger. 

16 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Probably wanted to get an early start on basketball 

Schools need to make the rule that if you quit (just to quit) during one season you are not eligible to participate in the next sports season.  I'm not talking about injuries or other outside issues that could cause a player to need to stop playing....I'm saying because you just don't want to play because: "its cold," "we cant beat (insert team)," "I don't like it anymore."  This is 2 years in a row for AHS; they are screwing over a lot of district and non-district teams.   

23 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

Schools need to make the rule that if you quit (just to quit) during one season you are not eligible to participate in the next sports season.  I'm not talking about injuries or other outside issues that could cause a player to need to stop playing....I'm saying because you just don't want to play because: "its cold," "we cant beat (insert team)," "I don't like it anymore."  This is 2 years in a row for AHS; they are screwing over a lot of district and non-district teams.   

Although I do tend to agree with you, I believe you would have numbers drop drastically in several schools.  Now on the flip side of the coin, that makes it to where only the players that really want to be there are the ones that are on the team.

47 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Although I do tend to agree with you, I believe you would have numbers drop drastically in several schools.  Now on the flip side of the coin, that makes it to where only the players that really want to be there are the ones that are on the team.

You got it; players that really want to play are there and coaches and schools know what they got from day 1.  This weeds out those "on the fence" players and guys who are recruited to make enough to have a team at the start of the season and then pack it up when it gets hard or another season starts getting close and they'd rather go do that.  Its a way better situation to say from Day 1 "we dont have enough" to compete this season; allowing opponent schools to pick-up games early VS. week 7 or 8 on a Tuesday canceling the season or just going week by week to see if you got enough.