VHSL 2022 State Semifinals

CLASS 1 

#2 Essex  at #1 Riverheads , 2pm  

#7 Grundy  at #3 George Wythe-W, 1pm   

CLASS 2 

#2 Central-Woodstock at #9 Poquoson , 2pm  

#1 Graham vs. #5 Appomattox Co at Mitchell Stadium, 2pm   

CLASS 3 

#2 Heritage-Lynchburg vs. #7 Christiansburg at City Stadium (Lynchburg), 12pm   

#1 Phoebus (Hampton) vs. #10 Brentsville Dist (Nokesville) at Darling Stadium (Hampton), 2pm  

CLASS 4

#6 Warwick (Newport News) at #1 Dinwiddie, 2pm   

#2 EC Glass (Lynchburg) vs. #4 Kettle Run (Nokesville) at City Stadium (Lynchburg), 5pm   

CLASS 5 

#2 Stone Bridge (Ashburn) at #1 Highland Springs, 3pm  

#3 Maury (Norfolk) at #4 Green Run (Virginia Beach), 2pm   

CLASS 6 

#6 James Madison (Vienna) at #2 Fairfax, 2pm   

#3 Western Branch (Chesapeake) at #1 Freedom-Woodbridge, 2pm   

Division Rankings vis CalPreps

George Wythe 14, Grundy 0.  Late 1st qtr.

Grundy is in a mess.  They are beating Grundy at Grundy's style of play with physicality on the ground.  Spreading Grundy out in offensive sets, then running for big chunks.  I don't see Grundy coming back in this one.  Grundy is the type of team that just can't get down by 2 touchdowns and then come back to a team the caliber of GW. Anything is possible, but the odds are lower for Grundy imo because of their lack of explosiveness in the passing game.

This is in no way intended to be a slight to the Jolley brothers and I would never celebrate a kids injury. I hope this is taken the way it’s intended. This place can be a little nutty at times. 

George Wythe has really taken off since Smith took over at QB and the Jolley kid returned as another weapon on offense. They were good before. They are more dangerous now I think. 

15 minutes ago, sixcat said:

This is in no way intended to be a slight to the Jolley brothers and I would never celebrate a kids injury. I hope this is taken the way it’s intended. This place can be a little nutty at times. 

George Wythe has really taken off since Smith took over at QB and the Jolley kid returned as another weapon on offense. They were good before. They are more dangerous now I think. 

Luke has been huge defensively in the first half. A couple of times Scammell had an opportunity for a big run and Jollay has sniffed it out. Something we missed in a monster way in our first meeting