State Championship

THS6805

5 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sad that people think like that....they worry more about "me" than "us" or the team

I don’t know much about her but from what I’ve heard from Tazewell folks she’s  a great kid and very humble off the field just very enthusiastic on the mound. A team player just maybe playing for a different team this year. With all Tazewell graduated, I don’t see them making it back to state. They struggled at times with hitting this year and left a lot on base even throughout playoffs but got it done in the end when it mattered most. I guess we’ll know August 17th if she shows up for first day of school for Tazewell. 

23 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Been hearing that she is now at John Battle.  At least that's what is being spread in the travel ball world.  Was told she chose Battle over Tennessee High so she wouldn't lose stats.

I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from another you've been messin' around.

Buying a lake-house at South Holston doesn't equate to a change of residency.  Not saying it can't or won't happen, but that's not the case as of August 1, 2023.

• 4 weeks later...

On 8/26/2023 at 1:20 PM, stan.the.man said:

well I take it that Compton stayed at Tazewell as nothing has been mentioned on here

I have no clue.  I have heard she was going to Battle, Abingdon, Patrick Henry, and Tennessee High.  But that was prior to school starting.  So I'm not sure what is going on.

Also heard over the weekend that her dad wanted to be the one calling her pitches, and the coaches at Battle said no, so she didn't go there.  But that wasn't from anyone associated with Battle.

3 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I have no clue.  I have heard she was going to Battle, Abingdon, Patrick Henry, and Tennessee High.  But that was prior to school starting.  So I'm not sure what is going on.

Also heard over the weekend that her dad wanted to be the one calling her pitches, and the coaches at Battle said no, so she didn't go there.  But that wasn't from anyone associated with Battle.

A coach from Tazewell not Keene told me her dad called her pitches at Tazewell. May be the reason she stayed at Tazewell if she did. I don’t see many coaches allowing daddy to do that. She’ll get enough exposure with her travel ball schedule regardless of where she plays high school softball. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

A coach from Tazewell not Keene told me her dad called her pitches at Tazewell. May be the reason she stayed at Tazewell if she did. I don’t see many coaches allowing daddy to do that. She’ll get enough exposure with her travel ball schedule regardless of where she plays high school softball. 

I knew her dad called them last year whenever Lee played at Tazewell in the region semifinals.  Like I said, I was told the coaches at Battle said no, so she didn't go there.