State Championship

THS6805

34 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

The whole thing when Unions band was accidentally sent onto the field while Richlands was still warming up and the football players ran through the band to catch a punt and there was a lot of outrage. The owner of the Moose basically said anyone who didn’t side with Union wasn’t welcome in his restaurant and said some pretty nasty things about Richlands athletics and their fans. And then admitted he hadn’t seen the video, only been told what happened. 

It caused a LOT of people to stop going there, myself included. Which sucked, because I ate there so much before, that the waitress's knew my order when I walked in lol. 

Ok thanks for clearing that up....I remember the band/players part but never heard the other part

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It didn't stop me from going there and you heathens ran him off... I will never forgive you and the mayor.  Lol

I am just trying to be funny by the way.  Not intending any ill will.

He’s the one who chose not to pay the big boss man 😂

5 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Ok thanks for clearing that up....I remember the band/players part but never heard the other part

Yeah that part was really only an isolated Richlands thing that was happening at the same time everyone else was busy throwing rocks at the football team lol. 

On 6/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, UVAObserver said:

Yes, The Railway Depot.  It's definitely worth your while to try.  I've been there a few times and always left satisfied.

I’ve been twice and left really longing for more both times. Just wasn’t anything spectacular… 

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tazewell folks: Is the Compton girl transferring? I heard she was & then she wasn’t after all. I hope she’s staying but if not,  where is she going? 

Thats the question everyone is asking.  Heard they have a house on the Virginian now.  If they move there Ive heard Abingdon, Battle and TN High.   TN High would be deadly with their lineup and adding her to the mix.  Pitching was what limited them IMO this year.   Have also heard with the move she may just focus on travel ball.  Will be interesting to see as she is a special talent.  

10 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Thats the question everyone is asking.  Heard they have a house on the Virginian now.  If they move there Ive heard Abingdon, Battle and TN High.   TN High would be deadly with their lineup and adding her to the mix.  Pitching was what limited them IMO this year.   Have also heard with the move she may just focus on travel ball.  Will be interesting to see as she is a special talent.  

The Virginian , dang, those are multi-million dollar homes. I agree, she’s definitely a special talent. 

On 7/2/2023 at 8:23 PM, Gridiron60 said:

Tazewell folks: Is the Compton girl transferring? I heard she was & then she wasn’t after all. I hope she’s staying but if not,  where is she going? 

I've heard that she has transferred to Battle.  Don't know how accurate that is, but that's the rumor going around the Mountain 7 softball programs

12 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Like I said, I didn't know how accurate that was.  Is she still at Tazewell or has she transferred?

Still at Tazewell as far as I know.  She's spent much of the summer out of the area with her Birmingham, AL based travel softball team  

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/29/2023 at 10:03 AM, Gridiron60 said:

Been hearing that she is now at John Battle.  At least that's what is being spread in the travel ball world.  Was told she chose Battle over Tennessee High so she wouldn't lose stats.

22 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Been hearing that she is now at John Battle.  At least that's what is being spread in the travel ball world.  Was told she chose Battle over Tennessee High so she wouldn't lose stats.

Worried about stats lol....good grief

1 hour ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I had heard Battle was the front runner if she didn’t stay at Tazewell. 

4 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Who knew there was a magical portal at the state line that erased all previous athletic accomplishments?/

Well her TSSAA stats wouldn't help her get any VHSL records, and vice versa

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Worried about stats lol....good grief

Some people are worried about getting their name in a record book over anything else.  Just look at McAmis playing in the 4th qtr of 50 point blowouts just so she can try to get to 3,000 points.

19 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Some people are worried about getting their name in a record book over anything else.  Just look at McAmis playing in the 4th qtr of 50 point blowouts just so she can try to get to 3,000 points.

Sad that people think like that....they worry more about "me" than "us" or the team