Graham vs Bluefield

KW23

That weather, going West to East is supposed to roll into Pearisburg at 8pm for the thunderstorms.  I guess it hits the Bluefield's a bit earlier as expected.  Giles needs to git er done in the first half and put it away.  God forbid we are in a game at halftime, then the storms roll in and we can't hold on to the ball.  Makes me wonder if the Giles Big Boys at the top were thinking ahead in their decision to refuse to move the game to 8pm.  I don't know if they are that good with planning ahead, but it looks like they guessed correctly!  

Makes me wonder how many games along 460 are actually going to get played and finished tonight.  It's one thing about a wet field, but if you had lightening, well.....fans and players are packing up shop and leaving the stadium and it's game over, and has to be made up.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I was sitting almost on that yard line & knew it was going to be offensive pass interference on Bluefield …I was wrong! 🙄

Confession.  I had Bluefield winning this game 16-14.  I didn't make a pick or write it on here, but I had Bluefield beating Graham 16-14 in this game.  I hope Bluefield doesn't come unglued like last year after the Graham loss.  Bluefield made it in the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.  The talent is there this year for the Beavers.  I know Freddy pretty well.  I would love to see him get a 12th state title for the Beavers.  

10 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Confession.  I had Bluefield winning this game 16-14.  I didn't make a pick or write it on here, but I had Bluefield beating Graham 16-14 in this game.  I hope Bluefield doesn't come unglued like last year after the Graham loss.  Bluefield made it in the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.  The talent is there this year for the Beavers.  I know Freddy pretty well.  I would love to see him get a 12th state title for the Beavers.  

Well, they almost did. I'd like to see them have a great season, I only cheer against them one game of the year and that game was last night.

I'd like for one time for both Bluefields to win a state title the same year and have a big crosstown celebration. A parade from the Avenue all the way to downtown Bluefield VA, maybe something at Mitchell , fireworks, etc.  

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Well, they almost did. I'd like to see them have a great season, I only cheer against them one game of the year and that game was last night.

I'd like for one time for both Bluefields to win a state title the same year and have a big crosstown celebration. A parade from the Avenue all the way to downtown Bluefield VA, maybe something at Mitchell , fireworks, etc.  

Reasonable and for sure......a seriously real chance it could happen this yr. Talent is there for both teams.

16 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I was sitting almost on that yard line & knew it was going to be offensive pass interference on Bluefield …I was wrong! 🙄

How do you miss this call and get it so wrong

3 hours ago, bgibb said:

This call had me irate. Calls were awful on both sides all night but this one just put the Cherry on top. Those officials should never have the chance to officiate another game. 

I watched this game on the stream and the refs were very flag happy. I’ve never seen illegal formation called as much as it was in this game.  

8 hours ago, bgibb said:

This call had me irate. Calls were awful on both sides all night but this one just put the Cherry on top. Those officials should never have the chance to officiate another game. 

This picture should live on in infamy and beaver should apologize for it.