Week 1: Lee @ Union

Wade_1

I believe the game is @ Lee. 

I'm looking forward to getting there. Union has some things to work on and that will be the deciding factor(s) when we host Science Hill and pay a visit to Bluefield. However, reports of Unions demise have been greatly exaggerated. 

Bears Big. 

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I believe the game is @ Lee. 

I'm looking forward to getting there. Union has some things to work on and that will be the deciding factor(s) when we host Science Hill and pay a visit to Bluefield. However, reports of Unions demise have been greatly exaggerated. 

Bears Big. 

I've been fortunate enough to during my workouts catch some of the Union youth football games. This program has some tremendous talent coming up as well. The future at UHS is solid.

Lee is always difficult to judge Union's performance off of because you never know what kind of season they're going to have.

So much turmoil over the years has them coming into each season as an unknown.

If my source from Lee Co is correct, this game shouldn't be remotely close. Bears by 4 + TDs.

On a side note, quality is too early to gage, but size isn't. This is the biggest line Union has mustered since 2017. Just hoping that size will eventually turn into quality.

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Lee is always difficult to judge Union's performance off of because you never know what kind of season they're going to have.

If my source from Lee Co is correct, this game shouldn't be remotely close. Bears by 4 + TDs.

On a side note, quality is too early to gage, but size isn't. This is the biggest line Union has mustered since 2017. Just hoping that size will eventually turn into quality.

I think we all, myself included, were worried after the Elizabethton performance. However, I watched the Betsy Defensive line absolutely destroy science hill last night. It doesn’t change how the performance was or how Union will develop over the next 11 weeks, but it’s definitely something. 

On 8/19/2023 at 8:32 PM, Union_Fan said:

Lee has no size.  Union should be up by 4+ TD's by halftime.  Our best LB being out doesn't help matters either

11 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Lee has no size.  Union should be up by 4+ TD's by halftime.  Our best LB being out doesn't help matters either

That's what I've heard. Sorry about the LB. I hate to see any player injured and having to miss out.

6 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I can’t see Union up 4 TDs by half with the type of offense I’m sure we’ll see AGAIN unless Lee has regressed from last season 

On 8/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, Duke2015 said:

I can’t see Union up 4 TDs by half with the type of offense I’m sure we’ll see AGAIN unless Lee has regressed from last season 

We will see.  I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't know that we can block anyone long enough for us to get anything going on offense.  

50 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

We will see.  I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't know that we can block anyone long enough for us to get anything going on offense.  

I think it'll be a good game up until the 4th quarter then Union pulls away

15 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I heard some games were moving to 7:30 but just rumors probably 

We probably would have heard by now. 

It doesn’t matter if the weather is prime because I can’t go. I am getting over COVID. 

2 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I was disappointed in Lee’s effort. They for all intensive purposes quit at the end of Q1

Yes I was wrong about them for sure I didn’t see one good thing they have going for them.  Don’t know they’re schedule but 0-10 is a real possibility unless they have some cupcakes on the schedule 

Watched it on NFHS. 

Lee High couldn’t get anything going on offense. 

I am not saying I expected a close game per se. I just expected Lee High to move the ball a bit better. 

0-10 is a real possibility for Lee. 

If the game hadn’t been called it could’ve gotten even uglier. I wouldn’t have been shocked if Union had put up 70. 

As for Union, Chandler is fast. 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:20 PM, Duke2015 said:

Yes I was wrong about them for sure I didn’t see one good thing they have going for them.  Don’t know they’re schedule but 0-10 is a real possibility unless they have some cupcakes on the schedule 

Lee plays Thomas Walker this week, so there is a good chance for a win there.  But there aren't many of those upcoming