Tazewell V Grundy

bulldog05-CO2017

I’m sure Tazewell is like other programs. Politics and favoritism takes control and ruins it for kids. I don’t know how you fix it or if it’s fixable. Tazewell has had several talented athletes the past several years and those talents were limited or never focused on because of personal agendas. I think it’s sad for any school that goes through that.

21 hours ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

Two questions.
1. What old school ideas on fundamentals and discipline do they have? 

2. What’s some of the new school ideas on fundamentals and discipline that you have ?

1. Teach the players how to block and tackle. Tazewell doesn't do either one very well. If a coach hears players talk of losing a game before the game is played put their butt on the bench. Tazewell has no ideas on fundamentals and discipline to answer your first question.

2. I don't cotton to " NEW SCHOOL IDEAS " on fundamentals and discipline in football..

As a Tazewell alum I have to agree with what a lot of others have said here.

Aside from one scrimmage, I haven't seen them play in person in years but have watched several games on NFHS.

It seems they often get whipped up front and don't seem to have a clue how to play defense. That's not a one year thing either; its been the same pretty much every season.

I like their general approach on offense, as they try to take advantage of their athletes and get them the ball in space.

They seem to always manage to beat the teams they are supposed to. But when it comes to the better opponents, they not only lose, they don't even come close.

The 2020 season that got pushed to Spring 2021 due to COVID was probably their best shot to do something in the playoffs. They were leading Riverheads on the road in the second half and should have beaten Graham, then laid an egg in the playoffs against Central. It would've been interesting to see what that team might have done had it been a normal season.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:19 PM, fishfan said:

School/school board is happy with the coaches they have or they would have made changes. You have to have a yes man in the rotation…that’s TAZEWELL county…just saying 

That’s a lot of counties around here.  We’ve seen Tazewell play. They have size, speed, and talent. They’ll beat the teams they’re suppose to beat. Yet, they don’t have that swagger to be the winner against the really good teams. That mentality and attitude that’s needed to be the big dog of the pack. 

That Rural Retreat thing has to be one of the most ridiculous things if not the most ridiculous thing ever in high school football especially in SW Virginia.