Tazewell V Grundy

bulldog05-CO2017

I’m hoping that Tazewell bounces back and gets the homecoming win, but the laughable play calling inside the redzone and the poor tackling Grundy may pull off another upset in this one. I’m still gonna go with the Dogs in this one but it may be a close game

7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yep, then Creasy pulls out 3TDs to give them the win! 

I hate to say this, but if it wasn’t for Creasy tazewell wouldn’t have much of anything going for them. It seems Tazewells play calling is made up of a peewee coach, they can’t tackle to save their lives. If this stuff don’t get cleaned up it’s gonna be a long rest of the season and another one and done. 

Tazewell needs to work on sealing the edge.  Teams have been successful running to the outside against them.   Offensively, they should be able to score on Grundy, just got to tighten up the defense a little.  Princeton is a very, very good team this year.  A lopsided loss to Princeton, should not discourage the Dogs.  Lot of football left to play this season.

Tazewells blocking schemes, sets, formations, route design, motions need completely redone.  They have guys pulling when they shouldn't be.  They have zone blocking on plays they shouldn't be zone blocking.  They have sets on given down and distance in which they shouldn't be in that set for the given play.  They have a lead blocker at times when they shouldn't have one, and vice versa.  All of that mess above is long before the play is called which is another issue.  I saw that against Riverheads and my mind was left confused and in a state of disarray.  It was like trying to decipher Hebrew for the first time, and I don't know anything about the Hebrew language, but I know enough to say I'm confused as hell when looking at it.   A complete offensive mess based on the 11 players and their talent levels and ability on the field.  I said this once.  Tazewell is top 5 in the state of Virginia for Class 2 schools regarding the talent and ability level of those 11 on the offensive side of the ball  I know, sounds crazy.  Most people would think, are you high or on drugs?  I'm not.  I stand by the statement.  They are that talented.

@BandanaVTDavis4321 thats been my opinion of their Offense from occasionally seeing them the past few seasons. Just call whatever and see what works, if nothing is really working then hope a superior athlete makes a play, which some inevitably did. Imo its not a sound offense.

What I saw in week one with Grundy was absolutely no Oline that could block anything.  Broken tackle or an unexpected pass is what got them the yards.  Defensively they are solid in the middle but you could get to the outside on them.  CC moved the ball at will on them but mistakes dues to penalties or turnovers is why they didn't run away from them on the score.

The PH upset was because they came out passing and PH has no pass defense (according to my PH coworker buddy) Also they kept trying to run up the middle and not get to the outside.  So take all that as you will and statistically Tazewell should light them up and not even be close.  The dogs can play a solid run defense but aren't always consistent with it. 

Could be a wet field on Friday which favors Grundy as always.  Can't wait for another football Friday!

23 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

What I saw in week one with Grundy was absolutely no Oline that could block anything.  Broken tackle or an unexpected pass is what got them the yards.  Defensively they are solid in the middle but you could get to the outside on them.  CC moved the ball at will on them but mistakes dues to penalties or turnovers is why they didn't run away from them on the score.

The PH upset was because they came out passing and PH has no pass defense (according to my PH coworker buddy) Also they kept trying to run up the middle and not get to the outside.  So take all that as you will and statistically Tazewell should light them up and not even be close.  The dogs can play a solid run defense but aren't always consistent with it. 

Could be a wet field on Friday which favors Grundy as always.  Can't wait for another football Friday!

There was a wet field in Grundy last year, and the Bulldogs kept passing and Grundy is who turned the ball over.Grundy has not looked the best compared to recent years but the PH game was eye opening. The Honaker game last week was a butt whooping and they had some players out, so I wonder if they will play or not. 

Dogs just need to tackle with their bodies, not so much their arms. They have all the tools in the toolbox, just gotta build something. My biggest takeaway is that they always come out so flat and dead, almost like they just don't want to be there. With all the community support, they should be hyped like no other team. Can't always wait till the second half. And back to the tackling, they tackled well against Riverheads, but yet have mailed it in against the worst Richlands team in forever, Fort Chiswell, and Princeton? 

I could see the Bulldogs coming out hyped and rolling early, but at the same time, I could see this being a barn burner of a game. Ask me again during warmups before kickoff.

1 hour ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

There was a wet field in Grundy last year, and the Bulldogs kept passing and Grundy is who turned the ball over.Grundy has not looked the best compared to recent years but the PH game was eye opening. The Honaker game last week was a butt whooping and they had some players out, so I wonder if they will play or not. 

Dogs just need to tackle with their bodies, not so much their arms. They have all the tools in the toolbox, just gotta build something. My biggest takeaway is that they always come out so flat and dead, almost like they just don't want to be there. With all the community support, they should be hyped like no other team. Can't always wait till the second half. And back to the tackling, they tackled well against Riverheads, but yet have mailed it in against the worst Richlands team in forever, Fort Chiswell, and Princeton? 

I could see the Bulldogs coming out hyped and rolling early, but at the same time, I could see this being a barn burner of a game. Ask me again during warmups before kickoff.

This. I think every post about Tazewell has been accurate so far. Practice dead....play dead. No energy whatsoever! When you have starters making comments like "we are ready to take the L on Friday." That's not putting yourself in a good position mentally to win the game. They need to bring some friggin energy. It's almost like they bring the energy for one game a year and after that's they are done.

I got delayed on Friday and walked into the stands right at kickoff, but I heard from many in the stands that they came out flat from the locker room.

They have shown that they can take down the best players in the backfield.  When they were on it and not missing a tackle, they were in the backfield making plays or almost making them.  People can argue with me til the end but I stand by it.  Princeton is not as good as people think.  We made them look a lot better than they were on offense.  Defensively, they are pretty good.

You should always come out every game thinking we are going to win this one

8 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

This. I think every post about Tazewell has been accurate so far. Practice dead....play dead. No energy whatsoever! When you have starters making comments like "we are ready to take the L on Friday." That's not putting yourself in a good position mentally to win the game. They need to bring some friggin energy. It's almost like they bring the energy for one game a year and after that's they are done.

Coaches need to get the players energy up. Start by replacing the starters that make negative comments maybe attitudes will change.

On 9/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tazewells blocking schemes, sets, formations, route design, motions need completely redone.  They have guys pulling when they shouldn't be.  They have zone blocking on plays they shouldn't be zone blocking.  They have sets on given down and distance in which they shouldn't be in that set for the given play.  They have a lead blocker at times when they shouldn't have one, and vice versa.  All of that mess above is long before the play is called which is another issue.  I saw that against Riverheads and my mind was left confused and in a state of disarray.  It was like trying to decipher Hebrew for the first time, and I don't know anything about the Hebrew language, but I know enough to say I'm confused as hell when looking at it.   A complete offensive mess based on the 11 players and their talent levels and ability on the field.  I said this once.  Tazewell is top 5 in the state of Virginia for Class 2 schools regarding the talent and ability level of those 11 on the offensive side of the ball  I know, sounds crazy.  Most people would think, are you high or on drugs?  I'm not.  I stand by the statement.  They are that talented.

Maybe Tazewell needs to start a petition to fix the offensive issues 😂

https://www.change.org/p/hold-rrhs-football-offensive-coordinator-accountable-for-mismanagement-and-lack-of-respect?recruiter=91632040&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=dd3bc790-d3e9-11e3-9b4e-47bb9cd5c2f8&share_bandit_exp=initial-37512649-en-US&utm_content=fht-37512649-en-us:8&mibextid=9R9pXO

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The great thing about the internet is it gives everyone in the world a way to connect. The bad thing about the internet is it gives everyone in the world a way to connect. 

3 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

If my job would allow, I would’ve considered. I don’t see the current staff going anywhere though.

Tazewell needs a new coaching staff. Coaches with old school ideas on fundamentals and discipline.

2 hours ago, adsi97 said:

Tazewell needs a new coaching staff. Coaches with old school ideas on fundamentals and discipline.

Two questions.
1. What old school ideas on fundamentals and discipline do they have? 

2. What’s some of the new school ideas on fundamentals and discipline that you have ?