Appomattox

Gridiron60

It’s beginning to look like with this forfeit if Appomattox wins region C, they will most likely be traveling for the semis. I know it’s a big if at this point who will win region C. It could be one of several teams right now.  I find it interesting they decided the game would be a forfeit when the FBI were the ones who shut the campus down so the game couldn’t be played on Saturday after it was canceled Friday. It seems totally out of Appo’s hands at that point. This decision certainly helps LB. 

https://roanoke.com/sports/high-school/football/lord-botetourt-appomattox-county-football-game-ruled-a-forfeit/article_48bb0c20-5c92-11ee-97d1-3b52d5cde6be.html

7 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

With a current 1-4 record I’d be surprised if they even make it in to the top 4 even if they win out. They’ll probably be traveling all throughout the Region C playoffs while breaking hearts for the home teams. 

If they happen to make it in the top 4, I would not be surprised if they won every away playoff game in their region. They just have that magic come playoff time. It will be a big shocker if they don’t make the playoffs though, we’re all used to seeing them there. 

11 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s beginning to look like with this forfeit if Appomattox wins region C, they will most likely be traveling for the semis. I know it’s a big if at this point who will win region C. It could be one of several teams right now.  I find it interesting they decided the game would be a forfeit when the FBI were the ones who shut the campus down so the game couldn’t be played on Saturday after it was canceled Friday. It seems totally out of Appo’s hands at that point. This decision certainly helps LB. 

https://roanoke.com/sports/high-school/football/lord-botetourt-appomattox-county-football-game-ruled-a-forfeit/article_48bb0c20-5c92-11ee-97d1-3b52d5cde6be.html

FBI shut down which campus?

44 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

That’s what an Appomattox person posted. No one was allowed on the Appomattox school premises all weekend. 

Very unfair for Appomattox unless it was to avoid the game but probably just a prank gone wrong 

I could be completely wrong, but based on what video I've watched on Appo, I'd be surprised to see them representing Reg C in the semifinals.

Glenvar and/or Radford would have to implode in dramatic fashion.

Appo doesn't look near as fast, and they're pretty small on the line. I think someone also mentioned they have little depth this year.

Appo winning a few more games and maybe losing to LB bringing them to 3 losses wasn't crazy harmful to the pairings but missing that game and averaging 9 games instead of 10 would've been a better scenario.  Losing 4 and only playing 9 will not help the effort.  Their remaining games aren't a given so who knows what kind of seed they'll end up with.  However it ends, Glenvar and Radford won't meet until the finals if that's the case.

48 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

They may be down from recent years but I sure wouldn’t wanna play them in the playoffs.  But it would be nice to beat them for once 

If they make it to Bullit Park, 3rd times a charm??? I mean that’s what they say, anyway, lol!

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

If they make it to Bullit Park, 3rd times a charm??? I mean that’s what they say, anyway, lol!

Can’t be know worse than the other 2 times but hung in there second time.  The first game was not so good but that was best team I’ve seen in 1a or 2a other than William Campbell when they destroyed Appalachia 

We’ve played Union three times. 
2016 at our place.

2017 at the Park (good close game) One of the best atmospheres I’ve been in. 

2020 (spring season) 

This team isn’t remotely what either of those teams were. They are not bad but NOTHING like past teams. 

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

We’ve played Union three times. 
2016 at our place.

2017 at the Park (good close game) One of the best atmospheres I’ve been in. 

2020 (spring season) 

This team isn’t remotely what either of those teams were. They are not bad but NOTHING like past teams. 

Forgot about 2020 season trying to forget that year