Playoff Scenarios

Tigers_07

With only two weeks left in the regular season. does anyone have any idea what the playoff scenarios look like for 1D, 1C, 2D, 2C, 3D, 3C and what I mean by scenarios is who has what seeds locked already or trying to lock in. 

13 minutes ago, TS Fan said:

Do you have still have Pat Henry-GS at 19.4? I tried doing my own for 1d and I had them at 19.1 

It will depend on the Battle/Lee outcome which I think is a complete tossup, but my coin flip came up Battle.

Also, Central over Grundy and RR over Holston could deduct a point each from PH's total.

1 hour ago, Hokie Bound said:

Does anyone know the teams with the longest playoff droughts in 1A and 2A in SWVA? Do you know which teams that would be Union Fan or anyone else? Just curious who the teams would be.

Montcalm on the WV side.

Northwood 2015 regarding the longest time a team in the Coverage area has not made the playoffs.  Bland, Twin Valley, Hurley, all of them has made the playoffs after 2015.  Northwood goes back the longest to 2015.

35 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

Does anyone know the teams with the longest playoff droughts in 1A and 2A in SWVA? Do you know which teams that would be Union Fan or anyone else? Just curious who the teams would be.

You talking just making the playoffs or winning a playoff game?

I think virtually every team in Reg D has at least made the playoffs in the last 5 years or so.

Lee hasn't won since 2014

Battle since 2012

Thomas Walker since 1996

Twin Valley has never won one

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I think virtually every team in Reg D has at least made the playoffs in the last 5 years or so.

Battle since 2012

Thomas Walker since 1996

Was Lee’s last win over Appomattox?

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Battle since 2012

Thomas Walker since 1996

Making the playoffs

So, with one week to go, what are the possible outcomes for seeds 3-8 in 1D and 2D? I figure the top two in 2D are pretty safe bets to be Union and Graham. In 1D, I’m pretty confident that Honaker is 1, but there could be a lot of movement from 2 on down depending on the TS/RC outcome. If RC wins that game, what’s the possibility of having an 8-2 TS team have to travel for the first round? (I know that is a distinct possibility for an 9-1 Bath County team in 1C due to a super weak schedule, and besides the Union game, TS may have played the weakest out of district schedule any team in the region has played in a long long time. Seriously, Hancock County, Northwood, Cumberland Gap, and Unaka? At this point, the combined record of those 4 teams is going to end up being 6-34) What are the most likely seedings in the bottom half of the 2D bracket? What are the seeding ranges for the teams in the bottom half of the 1D bracket? etc. etc.

If my math is correct Honaker is locked in at 1 in 1d.  And Rye Cove is locked in at 2.  Doesn't matter if they win or lose to TS on friday they still will be 2ND.   If TS loses to rye cove Patrick Henry gets 3 seed and TS gets 4 seed.  If TS beats Rye Cove it will be vice versa.  As long as Holston beats Chilhowie they will be 5 seed.  6.  I got grundy.  7and 8 I got eastside/rural retreat depends on a few games depending who gets what.  If chilhowie beats holston however that would bump Grundy up to 5 and make a very close mess for RR, Chilhowie, Eastside, and Holston.  For 6 through 9...1 will be left out.

1D Hon24.89   RC 20.78   TS  19.33  P.H.19.22   GRU 17.11   Hol 17.11  R.R. 17   Eastside 16.89  Chil 15.78     

T.S. and P.H. could swap with a T.S. Loss.  A T.S. win would could swing them to 2 by half a point or so.

2D  U27.33    Gra25.78  G.C. 21.11   R.V. 20.78   Taz  20.67   V.H.S. 16.78   Lee 16.67   Mar 16.11  J.S.B. 15.78

One and Two are set, 3-5 can/will change.  Winner of GC/RV is 3, loser is 5 with Taz win, 4 with Taz loss

6-8 will come down to tenths of a point

6 hours ago, KW23 said:

If my math is correct Honaker is locked in at 1 in 1d.  And Rye Cove is locked in at 2.  Doesn't matter if they win or lose to TS on friday they still will be 2ND.   If TS loses to rye cove Patrick Henry gets 3 seed and TS gets 4 seed.  If TS beats Rye Cove it will be vice versa.  As long as Holston beats Chilhowie they will be 5 seed.  6.  I got grundy.  7and 8 I got eastside/rural retreat depends on a few games depending who gets what.  If chilhowie beats holston however that would bump Grundy up to 5 and make a very close mess for RR, Chilhowie, Eastside, and Holston.  For 6 through 9...1 will be left out.

I’m terrible with figuring out PPs but I was thinking if Twin Springs beat Rye Cove that would’ve given them enough to jump to 2nd 

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Home field advantage but may need to relocate for semis, right? I wasn’t sure if they addressed visitor seating yet? @Fairlawncat

Last I heard was at Radford for the Regionals-first 3 games. The state semis at Christiansburg if Cburg is eliminated before the Region Title, otherwise Blacksburg High, but still nothing official.