Twin Springs vs Rye Cove

Gridiron60

Rye Cove has to come out fired up and ready to play, and not come out flat like they did against Eastside or they will be done after week 2! I think Rye Cove pulls this one out, in a close ball game and plays for the Region D Championship!

Adjustments go both ways. This one will be a close game and I think a lot of who wins it comes down to who shows up ready to play fundamentally sound and disciplined football and who doesn’t. IMO, based on the game last week, TS has to play their best game to beat RC. It’s doable, but I don’t know that 14 days makes that much of a difference. RC is just much more battle tested…it’s as simple as that.

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

Rye Cove has to come out fired up and ready to play, and not come out flat like they did against Eastside or they will be done after week 2! I think Rye Cove pulls this one out, in a close ball game and plays for the Region D Championship!

I don’t think they played flat looked to me that Eastside was smacking them around until the special teams fell apart in the fourth quarter 

10 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Hope you get to attend. I have to work so I unfortunately will miss it now. Atmosphere should be excellent.  

How has the big Lawson kid looked for The Cove? 

9 hours ago, JDHoss said:

How has the big Lawson kid looked for The Cove? 

Probably should be district lineman of the year but probably wouldn’t get that kind of recognition across the district since he is a freshman.  I have a lot of confidence he’s going to get better and better the way he works too. 

2 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

footwork needs a little work, but he's young and going to be a monster before it's all said and done.  Looking forward to seeing what he does.

Agreed.  He’s getting there. RC is blessed with some talent along the front. Being able to slide Jay Bowen from TE to LT was a great opportunity. Jay is solid and has great feet.  Dakota Meade and Trevor Darnell are both agile strong guards and Austin has been solid at center. Cooper Bowen has come in when someone has been injured and performed like a starter too.