WV, NC, SC, and KY Friday Scores

BandanaVTDavis4321

Tonight (Friday) I will post some scores that might have some meaning to a few on here. Please disregard/don't read this post/thread if the following scores/teams below offer no interest

West VA Double A State Title Tonight, North Marion vs Fairmont Sr.

North Carolina Class 2A Semifinals Tonight, Shelby vs Reidsville (the two winningest schools in NC history)

North Carolina Class 1A Semifinals Tonight, Mt.Airy vs Robbinsville

South Carolina AAAAA State Title Game Tonight Dutch Fork vs White Knoll

Kentucky 1A State Title Game, Pikeville vs Raceland

43 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I posted the Pikeville and Raceland score in the Chatbox on the main page.

Pikeville won 21-0 avenging a 7-6 loss from the regular season.  Third straight title and fourth in five years.  Wished the Panthers and Graham would hook it up or maybe even Pikeville and Union.

Paintsville was damn tough a few years ago. Isn’t Pikeville generally a tougher program than them too? 

52 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I posted the Pikeville and Raceland score in the Chatbox on the main page.

Pikeville won 21-0 avenging a 7-6 loss from the regular season.  Third straight title and fourth in five years.  Wished the Panthers and Graham would hook it up or maybe even Pikeville and Union.

Can u tell m how many titles Pikeville has? I know its a lot. I've always wondered

17 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Paintsville was damn tough a few years ago. Isn’t Pikeville generally a tougher program than them too? 

Paintsville knocked them out that year they played Ridgeview with the QB that went on to play for Kentucky.  But yeah, typically Pikeville has had their number.  Hazard knocked them out in 2020 on a very wet muddy field that didn't fit well with their style of offense that year, or else we could be talking about five straight for Pikeville.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Paintsville knocked them out that year they played Ridgeview with the QB that went on to play for Kentucky.  But yeah, typically Pikeville has had their number.  Hazard knocked them out in 2020 on a very wet muddy field that didn't fit well with their style of offense that year, or else we could be talking about five straight for Pikeville.

Pikeville has built an impressive program, and they are a magnet for athletes at the moment. 

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Another Kentucky score of interest to SWVA folks, especially those in Lee County since it borders Bell County, would be the Bell County and CAL 3A title game tomorrow, although Bell County has a tall order to win that one I'm afraid.

A team in 2015 that fired Wayne mills for actually mooning someone. They then hired a fall guy in 2016. In 2017 Dudley was brought back in. THanks to some classification changes; 3a no longer has Corbin or Boyle Co, he has guided Bell county deep in the playoffs each year while going through Belfry. Pretty impressive 

South Pittsburgh vs McKenzie was the best game I've watched today.  RB for SP had 3 fumbles that really hurt them, 1 leading directly to a McK TD. Kid was really down, bad body language and taken out on O for a series. 3rd Q SPs QB was injured and went out, SP goes to the Wildcat and the RB puts the team in his shoulders and leads them to a state title. 

Best play I've seen all weekend was the last TD catch by North Marion, 1 handed catch and got 1 foot in.