Uva-Wise Tournament

Wade_1

Just now, pakdastands said:

After watching them play against Burton yesterday...I have no clue how they beat West Ridge and GC

Agreed. Definitely a contender for the region but don’t really know how they beat west ridge. With that being said I still would not be surprised if they beat Union. The first three games tonight will definitely be entertaining to watch

3 hours ago, pakdastands said:

I wasn't expecting Lee to beat Eastside yesterday.  Who knows they might give Honaker a run for their money

I wouldn’t expect them to but Konnor Early now joining the team definitely helped.  Not sure if it was his fret game or not but dropping 27 on Eastside to start the year was impressive. 

18 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Okay maybe I was way off about Chilhowie lol. It’s 39-14 at the half, Union up. 

Does anyone know if Union normally shoots that well from deep? If they do they will be scary

2 hours ago, Stelley said:

Does anyone know if Union normally shoots that well from deep? If they do they will be scary

They’re a good shooting team. I wasn’t there so I can’t say yes or no, they aren’t gonna shoot 40% on 15 makes per game but they gonna shoot it and not get scared by a couple misses. 

9 hours ago, Stelley said:

What’s yalls predictions for tomorrow? I’m going to go with Lebanon and Honaker getting a rematch in the finals

I think both games will down to the wire and I could make a case for all 4 teams to win. Definitely some exciting basketball that cannot be seen on NFHS. If you aren’t there, you’re missing out. 

I’d say if central plays like how they did last night, Honaker will beat them by double digits. The Union and Lebanon game is definitely a coin flip for sure. If Lebanon plays like how they were playing before the tourney they will get beat by double digits. But if they play like how they have been the past two games they have a shot. Both teams have multiple guys who can shoot it from deep. I say this game comes down to who shoots better at the FT line

Just now, Stelley said:

Russell County Rematch is taking place in Wise tomorrow. I’m going to go with Lebanon getting revenge against Honaker tomorrow at 7:30

Same for wise county with Central vs Union for 3rd place 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

This tournament is a joke. 

What makes you say that? Personally I’d much rather pay 10 dollars to watch decent teams in our area play compared to paying 15 dollars to watch decent teams not from our area play. Just felt more boring watching the Arby’s this year compared to recent years (only games that I thought that were entertaining were the GW games).

43 minutes ago, Stelley said:

What makes you say that? Personally I’d much rather pay 10 dollars to watch decent teams in our area play compared to paying 15 dollars to watch decent teams not from our area play. Just felt more boring watching the Arby’s this year compared to recent years (only games that I thought that were entertaining were the GW games).

There sure are a lot of teams that participate in it and and a lot of fans that attend it for it to be a "joke".