Region 1D who will be the best?

KW23

I think eastside was pretty young last year as well... Didn't Patrick henry star RB graduate? Will twin springs be as good?

Rye Cove, Chilhowie, Honaker because of coaching and foundation in place

Wild Cards-Holston, Rural Retreat, Grundy, Patrick Henry

Winner of the West and playing for a State Title-Giles. No bias here, lol. Sorry azz Galax and GW and Grayson have no chance against the mighty Spartans this year. 

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Sorry azz Galax and GW and Grayson have no chance against the mighty Spartans this year. 

Grayson loses the majority of their team from the past couple of years unless they can find another crop of homeschool kids that haven’t turned 20 yet. 

GW will be a load for the next couple of years if they can replace Smith and Houston. They were very young last season. 

Galax has a solid group coming up through middle school right now. But I think the next couple of years will be down. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Grayson loses the majority of their team from the past couple of years unless they can find another crop of homeschool kids that haven’t turned 20 yet. 

GW will be a load for the next couple of years if they can replace Smith and Houston. They were very young last season. 

Galax has a solid group coming up through middle school right now. But I think the next couple of years will be down. 

I've heard pretty much exactly what u wrote. GW probably the team to beat. Giles should be better. We'll see though. Had a good JV group, but still have to take GW and Galax over the Spartans until results on field are different.  

On 4/6/2024 at 6:24 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Pocahontas or Jonesville will have a thing or two to say about Rich Valley and Garden

Pokey? Psht, to be the man you've got to beat the man, and Pocahontas hasn't beaten the Steers in 71 years. 

Jonesville on the other hand, could be a dark horse. I hear they picked up a couple of studs from Whitewood. 

On 4/8/2024 at 7:49 PM, swvafbrespect said:

Chilhowie with coaching? I will say a very strong tradition but PH in last 10 years would be hard to pass on tradition. Rye Cove willt be the tea to beat. Look for RR and Eastide to be top 4 along with another HOGO school

Chilhowie lost a lot more than people think to graduation especially up front. PH has been more consistent even though I’m pretty sure Goodspeed and Barrett graduate. It’s hard to leave Honaker off this list especially with the portal being wide open and Rye Cove had a hell of a year

On 4/6/2024 at 3:37 PM, KW23 said:

I think eastside was pretty young last year as well... Didn't Patrick henry star RB graduate? Will twin springs be as good?

Twin Springs has had a good run and are well coached, However, they just don't have the numbers to sustain it on a yearly basis. I see a drop off for them this year.

1 hour ago, Hokie Bound said:

Twin Springs has had a good run and are well coached, However, they just don't have the numbers to sustain it on a yearly basis. I see a drop off for them this year.

Same with Holston.  It is hard to sustain a high level with 20-25 varsity kids.  

7 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

Twin Springs lost 7 starters on offense and 8 on defense including 4 offensive lineman. They should take a step back up after next year though.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:27 PM, Jags52 said:

Chilhowie lost a lot more than people think to graduation especially up front. PH has been more consistent even though I’m pretty sure Goodspeed and Barrett graduate. It’s hard to leave Honaker off this list especially with the portal being wide open and Rye Cove had a hell of a year

Goodspeed was a senior. Barrett returns.

I believe Eastside is going to do really well this season as well as ryecove.  I am not sure what twin springs brings to the table this season but all roads lead to Honaker and until Payton Musick graduates they have a shot he is an elite qb.