School enrollment numbers

Bluebird

The next Executive Committee meeting is May 2nd. I assume the new ADM figures for the upcoming cycle will post sometime after that.

I could be wrong too. The March 31, 2022 ADM figures were posted July 31, 2023. The moral of the story with anything concerning VHSL, who the hell knows?!?!?

If I remember correctly, ADM is taken every March even though each cycle is 2 years. The current cycle is 23/24-24/25 so the fall of 2025 would be the next cycle. 

Any current expectations for schools moving up/down and/or changing districts (based, of course, on general observations within your respective communities)??

I think they are going to have to move the lines for class 1 just to keep the classifications even right now Region 1D has 16 teams and 2D has 12 but Lebanon could drop down to class 1 at any time and enrollment for Richlands and Marion are dipping below the 600 mark for the first time in a long with the popularity of virtual home school on the rise. I know Graham is close to that class 1 line as well. I do not know what the other side of the state looks like as enrollment for class 1 but sooner rather than later we might be in a situation where 2D is down to 10 or maybe even 9 teams which would make the Region playoffs even easier to get into which I know a lot of people on here hate. 

1D currently has 16 teams. 
2D  currently has 12 teams. 

1C currently has 13 teams. 
2C currently has 12 teams. 

1B has 12
2B has 11

1A has 13
2A has 14

Traditional regional boundaries will have to be adjusted if many teams move up or down a classification at the same time. 

Ridgeview is -600, which is crazy to me. When I was in school consolidation was discussed and the school would have had nearly 900 students. Which, that was a few decades ago.

Idk if Union will drop that much in 10 years or not, Wise Co just built additional rooms at Union Primary due to a growing enrollment. Imo the 20 year projection is more likely 

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

That will become 13/13 when (if) Grundy's new school opens, so nothing needs changed.

It will if the post before mine, the one I was responding to, happens. Lebanon, Marion, Richlands and Graham all drop to Class 1. 

That’s a big “if” but based on the question the previous post was asking, something would need to change. Most likely a redraw of traditional regional boundaries. It’s more likely, nothing really changes. 

On 4/12/2024 at 12:35 PM, sixcat said:

1D currently has 16 teams. 
2D  currently has 12 teams. 

1C currently has 13 teams. 
2C currently has 12 teams. 

1B has 12
2B has 11

1A has 13
2A has 14

Traditional regional boundaries will have to be adjusted if many teams move up or down a classification at the same time. 

Well there are two teams close to each other that should be in class 2 and not 1...

11 hours ago, redtiger said:

Redtiger as in Haysi, not Honaker.

Idk for sure what Tiller and company have returning. 

Totally off topic here but a little nostalgia hit me on my recent week long trip to Indiana and not just the visit to the Knightstown gym where Hoosiers was filmed.

In the 4A state high school basketball championship game, Fishers High School were victorious.  Fishers are the Tigers, and their uniforms are red and white.

It was good to see a group of Red Tigers win a state title in person, even if it wasn't our old alma mater.  🙂

13 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Well there are two teams close to each other that should be in class 2 and not 1...

Need to put Uncle Percy on the VHSL classification committee. Those 2 teams, guess you are talking about GW and Grayson Co., might get to stay in their District but state playoffs it would be  Division 2 for both of them.