Richlands @ Hidden Valley

old_school_blue

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what stats I can find, last three games, #28 Turner has bout 75% of rushing yards and about 35% of recieving yards. #4 Musselman has bout 35% of recieving yards. The rest is spread out between mutiple players,passing #5 and #6 rushing #17(QB Asquith) and #31. Total yards look about 50% run and 50% pass. Remember this is just three games.

I am from Floyd and have seen HV everyweek on FFE. THey have a very good fullback/middle linebacker name Alex Ray. He is a beast. They beat Blacksburg on the road who beat Graham on the road. I think that it could be a decent game with Richlands winning. Richlands wins in the trenches.

Bogle Field is really not that bad of a facility. They've had problems with the field the last few years because of weather and over usage. But they upgraded the visitors bleachers a couple of years ago from wooden to aluminum bleachers, along with new concession, restroom and lockerroom facilities. The bleachers are elevated above field level and there is no track. I don't see why they would move it unless the field is chewed up.

[ QUOTE ]

How did the Grundy vs Salem game few years back get moved to Tazewell? Was it field conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes becaue Grundy's field was a mess that year!!! I don't belive there was any grass what so ever on there field.

[ QUOTE ]

Bogle Field is really not that bad of a facility. They've had problems with the field the last few years because of weather and over usage. But they upgraded the visitors bleachers a couple of years ago from wooden to aluminum bleachers, along with new concession, restroom and lockerroom facilities. The bleachers are elevated above field level and there is no track. I don't see why they would move it unless the field is chewed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they have room to set up temporary bleachers?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How did the Grundy vs Salem game few years back get moved to Tazewell? Was it field conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes becaue Grundy's field was a mess that year!!! I don't belive there was any grass what so ever on there field.

The reason it was moved to Tazewell is because until the late 90's, there was no visitor seating at all. Everyone used to sit on the home side.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it was moved to Tazewell is because until the late 90's, there was no visitor seating at all. Everyone used to sit on the home side.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't the late 90's, they have had them for about 4 or 5 years now!!!

Maybe, but I doubt they would.

Here is the info from the VHSL Handbook pertaining to sites hosting state semi-finals:

Football–The League staff, with approval of the Regional Site Committee, shall determine the sites, dates and times of the state playoff games in football. If necessary, the Regional Chairman of the host region will be consulted. No agreement by the host school is required but its recommendations will be considered. The site will normally be in the host region unless a better site is available within a reasonable distance of the host school. Field surface, dressing facilities, parking and motel availability are factors to be reviewed. All games are day games.

Seating Minimum Semifinals Finals

Division 6 5000 6000

Division 5 4000 5000

Division 4 3000 4000

Division 3 2500 3500

Division 2 1500 2000

Division 1 1000 1500

Hey trigger,

HV 13 Blacksburg 3

Blacksburg 32 Graham 14

#22 Ray 5'10" 228 fb/lb sounds like Barreras from Graham

Got to listen to a little of HV vs Blacksburg on line, it was that real wet night and the field condition didn't sound good. Doesn't Blacksburg runs a spread. They debated why it wasn't moved to Sat on VHSL boards for a day or two.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey trigger,

HV 13 Blacksburg 3

Blacksburg 32 Graham 14

#22 Ray 5'10" 228 fb/lb sounds like Barreras from Graham

Got to listen to a little of HV vs Blacksburg on line, it was that real wet night and the field condition didn't sound good. Doesn't Blacksburg runs a spread. They debated why it wasn't moved to Sat on VHSL boards for a day or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't compare the Graham/Blacksburg score to anything...Blacksburg always gives Graham trouble regardless of how good/bad either team is...Richlands will roll through the Valley...

Read a article in Roanoke times from several weeks back. The Titians used the cafeteria to change in and evidently didn't have no showers. Must have gave the opposing team their boys locker room.

If Richlands brings 3000 and they the same not many are going to have a good view of this game. That many people inside of a fence in area makes ya wonder is there isn't some OSHA standard somewhere.

As long as I can get a good view of the game doesn't matter to me, I'll be happy.

The total capacity may fall within the VHSL guidelines; but I sat on the visitors side for the Cave Springs game and there is no way they have enough seats for the number of RHS fans that will be coming to pay them a visit. There is some standing room on the end toward the entrance; but for the life of me, I have no recollection, one way or the other, of any on the other end of the field.

Hopefully they're aware of how many fans Richlands will bring, not to mention fans from other SWVA schools who plan to attend... Plus you can count on a few Salem fans being there now that they're done. The Richlands band and their chaperons alone will take at least 10% of the visiting stands. I can understand wanting to keep home field advantage but when there is a bigger stadium in the same town why not use it?

Well I still belive the playoffs and state tittle game should be played at the top seed home field. Why the hell play the first 10 games if not going to help ya any later on in the playoffs, VSHL needs to put it back to where it was piss on the money and let these boys play where and for what they have earned.i belive if u go 10-0 and then you deserve to play at home till yout knocked off or win it all!!!

I was told by a good source that Hidden Valley field was in poor shape.(due to being used by 2 schools. Know the varsity uses and would assume JV too.) My source said the last games of the season there was a mud bowl. And seating is not good nor is parking. I was at this field ages ago ....I don't think they had any seats, period, then...lol

[ QUOTE ]

what if both teams are undefeated...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but its hard for one team to go undefeated more less two teams. But it can be done. I belive then they should go by a coin toss like they do in the state of Texas!!!

At the very least, we should show up really early and take over one section of the home side. I suggest the end near the entrance....so we can wave at the home fans when they leave early....lol. Just kidding 'cause ya never know what could happen. I believe RHS has the physical skills to walk away with it, but last Friday showed you gotta have your head in the game at all times.