1 member has voted

1. 1. Do the ygot a chance for top 16?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Brent Cook at the bowling alley last night..that dude is huge

----------------------------------------------------

LMAO....Cook is a good friend of mine, and trust me. he's not big...You may have met McKay or something like that. Now he's big..

Our fullback allen carter was up there last night to

[ QUOTE ]

Haha, i know man..i mean take nothing away from you guys, you had a great and physical team, i just dont know how you can say you had better players than richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not trying to take anything away from you either i have given richlands their respect for winning the state. ok look the only reason clayburne got that award was cause he was on a state team. he definantely isnt the best Defensive player thats the truth if it came do to asking every player in the district who was the best Defensive player i bet it would come out either Riddle or Carper

i average about 60 or so a game..i don't put my fingers in the holes either..im that cool. lol

nahh i know mckay...it was brent i met..cause i talked to him about him playin for graham last year..he said to call him cook lol maybe he just looked big to me last night lol

I agree with you somewhat broyles, Clayburne didn't have the stats as some of the other players did. Riddle imo deserved it. But Richlands won the district,region,state..so they had to give it to him. And some of the reason he didn't get the stats was he only averaged 2 1/2 qt.s a game

[ QUOTE ]

ok look the only reason clayburne got that award was cause he was on a state team. he definantely isnt the best Defensive player thats the truth if it came do to asking every player in the district who was the best Defensive player i bet it would come out either Riddle or Carper

[/ QUOTE ]

evidently jealousy rears its ugly head....i think it takes alot of gall to make that type of statement after the way clayburne played against you guys (and t-well). He absolutely killed brown and carper (rasnake, too) in the backfield (so much so that brown looked broken down at the end of the game), picked off a pass that he returned for a td (although it got called back) and was the key cog on the best defense in the district.......in the big games between richlands and graham, richlands and tazewell, there was only one linebacker on the field that stood out above the others and that was clayburne...i'm still trying to remember one big play made by the linebackers from either t-well or graham in their games with richlands......had he played 4 quarters a game clayburne would have had as many or more tackles as anybody in the district and more int's than any other linebacker (that may be true already with even his limited playing time)....clayburne had responsibilities other than just run support, and unlike you boys from graham, wasn't blitzing every freaking play...

richlands averaged 180 yards rushing in their 2 games with graham (hey, isn't it the lb's job at graham to shutdown the run??) and had 261 yards rushing against t-well...

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you somewhat broyles, Clayburne didn't have the stats as some of the other players did. Riddle imo deserved it. But Richlands won the district,region,state..so they had to give it to him. And some of the reason he didn't get the stats was he only averaged 2 1/2 qt.s a game

[/ QUOTE ]

man what a joke...the kid has averaged over a 100 tackles all 4 years of high school...he started as a freshman...has been the D captain since a sophmore....i mean what else u want him to do.....

in our (tazewell) game with richalnds, yeah we got shut out and beat, but riddle only played 1 half because of a hip problem and still had an interception and alot of tackles, clayburn is good but i also playes with a great defense that takes away all the bolckers and leaves him wide open to make tackles and big playes. riddle had over more tackles than him in 3 less games, accually 4 because he had to sit out agianst abington because of his hip

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man what a joke...the kid has averaged over a 100 tackles all 4 years of high school...he started as a freshman...has been the D captain since a sophmore....i mean what else u want him to do.....

[/ QUOTE ]LoL broyles had more tackles than clayburne did

The bottom line is it took a majority vote of the District coaches and the region rating Brett that high. Brett is an all around top athlete. Give him his proper props!

evidently jealousy rears its ugly head....i think it takes alot of gall to make that type of statement after the way clayburne played against you guys (and t-well). He absolutely killed brown and carper (rasnake, too) in the backfield (so much so that brown looked broken down at the end of the game), picked off a pass that he returned for a td (although it got called back) and was the key cog on the best defense in the district.......in the big games between richlands and graham, richlands and tazewell, there was only one linebacker on the field that stood out above the others and that was clayburne...i'm still trying to remember one big play made by the linebackers from either t-well or graham in their games with richlands......had he played 4 quarters a game clayburne would have had as many or more tackles as anybody in the district and more int's than any other linebacker (that may be true already with even his limited playing time)....clayburne had responsibilities other than just run support, and unlike you boys from graham, wasn't blitzing every freaking play...

richlands averaged 180 yards rushing in their 2 games with graham (hey, isn't it the lb's job at graham to shutdown the run??) and had 261 yards rushing against t-well...

[/ QUOTE ]

in any of those games did he make player of the game. i dnt think he did i won it the first time we played last year when yall beat us 30-0.

if clayborne didnt have the stats then how did he get it... i thought that whoever had the best stats deserves it but evidently not just because richlands won state is the only reason everybody thinks hes so good

Brett Clayburne was the defensive captain of an undefeated State Championship team. A defense that allowed 9 points per game - most of which came against the JV. There may be players with more tackles but you don't get too many chances when you shut the other team down and force them to punt, then sit and watch your offense march down the field against those "better players". If tackles were what makes the "Player of the Year" you could look at time spent on the field, average it out, then see who has the most tackles vs time of possession... but that's not what the POY is. You can look at any pro or college sport and see that the MVP, POY or whatever is the most valuable player on a team that played for or won a championship. It's not about individual performances, it's about "could they have won it without him?" The answer to that question is no.

[ QUOTE ]

Brett Clayburne was the defensive captain of an undefeated State Championship team. A defense that allowed 9 points per game - most of which came against the JV. There may be players with more tackles but you don't get too many chances when you shut the other team down and force them to punt, then sit and watch your offense march down the field against those "better players". If tackles were what makes the "Player of the Year" you could look at time spent on the field, average it out, then see who has the most tackles vs time of possession... but that's not what the POY is. You can look at any pro or college sport and see that the MVP, POY or whatever is the most valuable player on a team that played for or won a championship. It's not about individual performances, it's about "could they have won it without him?" The answer to that question is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

they couldve won without him......one player doesnt make the team

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they couldve won without him......one player doesnt make the team

[/ QUOTE ]That is correct