Richlands are SWD tournament Champions

rvtne216

I dont care what the Richlands Coaches deserved, the Ellis guy should be sitting in the regional jail this morning, he had no business going onto the court and assaulting a coach, thats the officials job to take care of not some fan acting like a child. He should be charged with assault and put into jail. He had no part of the game and no business putting hands on a coach. Not to mention it looks from the pictures like he assaulted two richlands players in the process

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree with both of you.The guy had no buisness coming on to the court in the first place! Caleb Jennings was in his face.Derek McKnight did a good job by holding the 2 guys back.

Caleb wasn't really "in his face" he and McKnight got in front of Ellis to keep him away from Altizer. Note how much distance is between Ellis and Altizer in the first shot... that's how far Altizer flew through the air. McKnight and Jennings kept a bad situation from getting a lot worse.

Well, if you're going to play in a cracker box make sure you got some police that know what they are doing so you don't have idiots coming down from the stands for no reason

The Ellis man was simply coming out of the stands to go to work, when the Richlands coach elbowed him & knocked him around. I can't blame the Ellis man for doing what he did, the Richlands coach had to business elbowing him for coming out of the stands!

It should not be up to the players to keep the peace. Where is the law or home mang. Or old wavey or yarlo they could have put a stop to all that mess. And what was that car salesman official going to do?

great pics by the way! You were really on the spot on that one! I guess the only thing that is remotely funny about the whole ordeal is watching the faces of all the fans through each shot...lol....but what a shame of an incident this was.....and of course, it had to happen right here at home, in the SWD.

Actually I was in the opposite corner and had just taken a knee to try and get an "atmosphere" shot when I saw Coach Altizer flying through the air. I wasn't as close as it looks. I cropped those pictures at least 75%

The faces that bothered me about this whole thing are the ones of the little kids. You can't really see them in the small copies above but you can in the originals. They were scared.

I seen it the same way i never seen any elbows thrown just the Ellis guy going after the coach, but even if the asst. coach did elbow him good lord get over it, ive taken many of elbows before but i dont try on to get them back by goin after them. the good lord said to turn the other cheek before anything else. if the coach keep tryin to cause harm to the man he'd dersive what he got but i never seen anything like that. the refs were bad, but i guess in every somebody has to be the bad guy. it was a REALLY good game dispite all the distractions.

well thats grundy for ya, same thing happened at the basketball tournament at the college last weekend with a grundy fan, he wanted to take it outside though lol..people are going to toss this story around but if you were on the other side of the court you saw everything and i was. grundy fan walks in front of altizer while he is pointing at a player and pushes altizers hand out of the way. altizer raises his hand to get the guy off of him and the guy pushes him in the bleachers, he should be in jail

As an asst coach, mr altizer had no business standing up outside the coaching box while the ball was in play. read the rule book on this one. His dad has issued many technicals for this in his career. The Ellis man was on his way to work when Altizer out of the box made contact with him. Mr. Ellis told him to watch it, when Altizer said F*** you. That is when he landed on his backside. All of this came from a county deputy who was sitting beside the bench in his street clothes and relayed this to the county sheriff who was also told to f*** off. Great game and great time. You got to love it. Get over it and go on. It made for great entertainment.

How many times have you seen a coach step out of the box? To many times to count!!! They all do it, and there is no exception made for the head coach to do this as well and they do step out of the box. Also, the ref's are the ones to execute the rule. So what if Altizer steped out of the box, does that give Mr. Ellis the right to knock him down? Altizer was focused on the game in front of him and not on the fans behind him. Mr. Ellis should have been able to see where he was standing and out of a little respect waited or walked around him. I'm sure Altizer's wife and children were terrified to see that happen and the impact that could have on his young children. That was a cracker box and I was elbowed, kicked in the back by a kid, and even had my drink knocked over. I never made the first comment or pushed anyone down. You guys get caught up into your own feelings and forget these are still kids playing ball. If he felt that he was elbowed out of spite then he should have taken it up with a school offical or an officer, but he chose to take matters into his own hands. If there was an officer there close by and watched the whole thing transpire (even being off duty) then why did he not step in and stop it, or did he turn the other cheek. So that sounds like a bogus statement, but if true then someone needs to evaluate his job. Sounds like every one is trying to make an excuse for what Mr. Ellis did, or justify his action. He displayed a fine example for all of the family and younger kids that were there. Those photo's say a lot and a picture can say a 1000 words. That guy should never be allowed back at any school function where children would be involved. After watching what happened and seeing those photos's and the testimony of an off duty officer doing nothing to help stop or prevent what happend, then the cop should be worried about his job and Mr. Ellis about what could happen to him. Looks like a pretty good case for Altizer. Loved the wave's that the Blue's surfed last night. Narly dude....maybe we will catch another wave later. Hat's off to the Grundy boys bball team, they acted with some class during that time. Mr Ellis may have done just enough to rattle the nerves of his own team and cost them the game. The emotion of the game refocused from the game and into the stands and hallway. That can't help!!!

[ QUOTE ]

How many times have you seen a coach step out of the box? To many times to count!!! They all do it, and there is no exception made for the head coach to do this as well and they do step out of the box. Also, the ref's are the ones to execute the rule. So what if Altizer steped out of the box, does that give Mr. Ellis the right to knock him down? Altizer was focused on the game in front of him and not on the fans behind him. Mr. Ellis should have been able to see where he was standing and out of a little respect waited or walked around him. I'm sure Altizer's wife and children were terrified to see that happen and the impact that could have on his young children. That was a cracker box and I was elbowed, kicked in the back by a kid, and even had my drink knocked over. I never made the first comment or pushed anyone down. You guys get caught up into your own feelings and forget these are still kids playing ball. If he felt that he was elbowed out of spite then he should have taken it up with a school offical or an officer, but he chose to take matters into his own hands. If there was an officer there close by and watched the whole thing transpire (even being off duty) then why did he not step in and stop it, or did he turn the other cheek. So that sounds like a bogus statement, but if true then someone needs to evaluate his job. Sounds like every one is trying to make an excuse for what Mr. Ellis did, or justify his action. He displayed a fine example for all of the family and younger kids that were there. Those photo's say a lot and a picture can say a 1000 words. That guy should never be allowed back at any school function where children would be involved. After watching what happened and seeing those photos's and the testimony of an off duty officer doing nothing to help stop or prevent what happend, then the cop should be worried about his job and Mr. Ellis about what could happen to him. Looks like a pretty good case for Altizer. Loved the wave's that the Blue's surfed last night. Narly dude....maybe we will catch another wave later. Hat's off to the Grundy boys bball team, they acted with some class during that time. Mr Ellis may have done just enough to rattle the nerves of his own team and cost them the game. The emotion of the game refocused from the game and into the stands and hallway. That can't help!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

well put

[ QUOTE ]

well thats grundy for ya, same thing happened at the basketball tournament at the college last weekend with a grundy fan, he wanted to take it outside though lol..people are going to toss this story around but if you were on the other side of the court you saw everything and i was. grundy fan walks in front of altizer while he is pointing at a player and pushes altizers hand out of the way. altizer raises his hand to get the guy off of him and the guy pushes him in the bleachers, he should be in jail

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont say bad things about my town..

No it wouldnt be hard its called being an adult, if you have a problem with something go to the coaches principal and file a complaint, you dont put your hands on someone in that situation. What's if Altizer had hit his head or something and been injured, the fact that he said F You means absolutly nothing. Sounds a little fishy that a officer would sit and watch this whole thing start and then run telling everyone "oh yeah I was right there, didnt do anything but I was there and it happened like this"

What are you talking about? There was nothing to sit and watch...When the coach made this statement, the Grundy man pushed him. How would the off duty police officer in the stands be able to get down and stop this without knowing it was going to happen in advance? As soon as it happened, he was on the floor, right beside of the Richlands coach.

Secondly, it was the mouth of the Richlands coach that got him removed from the gym. For what was allegedly said to the Grundy man AND to the Sheriff of Buchanan Co. In your message you are talking about being an adult and filing a complaint while saying the coaches mouth is no problem? Maybe you should back up and try to take an unbiased look at this situation before you post again.