What about softball?

thssoph07

The Lady blues cant help who they are scheduled to play... But we have played a few good teams.. Haysi and Abingdon were pretty good... but just because we are beating teams does not mean they are bad mabie it means we are good!!! ever thought bout that???

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Va High is 3-1. I'm sure there are great teams that go to those tournnaments in Myrtle Beach. Why not pitch your best pitcher. I heard a parent say they didn't want her to get a loss on her record. Coaches need to re-think their stratergy. Va High plays more single a schools than single a schools. The only sport that doesn't play more than one single a school is baseball. Don't tell me single a is great. Gate City couldn't advance in any sport except for football till they went to single a. Va high had that chance to go single a but they did not want to play the Powell Valley's or Gate City's instead they wanted to play Holston and Northwood. I wish they would play double a or go single a. They have a single mentality playing double a in the worst district in the state.

Sounds like what happened last year the 2nd time Honaker played you all. We took out our ace and put in someone else the whole game just to see how she would do and lost 9-0. Did Honaker get beat by Richlands twice last year or did we beat you all once?

I looked at Va High schedule and they are only playing one single A school, and that is Northwood. (A pretty good single A team). They do play in the worst district in the State however the Knoxville Tenn teams they play will be above average. Come on VCATS and get with the programs. You don't seem to know your softball. Not even your own team.

Richlands has a pretty good record if you ask me 7-0 I hate that you guys think that we have an easy schedule, I think if you ask me the Tazewell and C.C. game will be our big games but you know Haysi is not all that bad. Oh Chase CONGRADS!!!! you know the homers that was awesome. Everyone is hitting well this year. I tihnk that we will be ok and for the future Richlands is lookin awesome!!! Chelsey Brown is going to be a Nea Jr. haha but good luck to you all out there Next game for Richlands is Monday we play Haysi and yesterday game C.C. canceled so we didn't get to play them but that is ok We will get to play them SOON!!!!!!! Didn't they lose the Eangle or how every you spell it Graduate????

Its not like all these AA teams are playing single A teams like Twin Valley, Hurley, Holston, Clintwood, Rural Retreat or any other horrible team. The top single A teams around here could give any of of the top AA teams west of Wytheville a good game any time. Region IV is badly weak, all you AA people need to stop harping on these "no talent" single A teams because the SWD and Highlands teams can't even make it out of their own Region 90% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like what happened last year the 2nd time Honaker played you all. We took out our ace and put in someone else the whole game just to see how she would do and lost 9-0. Did Honaker get beat by Richlands twice last year or did we beat you all once?

[/ QUOTE ]

We split..

Thanks.

I agree. I mean, how big a school you have usually does determine if you will have a talented team, but not always. Some big schools have horrible teams and some tiny schools have teams loaded with talent and vice versa.

I think Talent wise it starts from The little league programs and goes on up. Most towns or communities around here have decent little league programs. I'm not sure but does Honaker have a little league softball program?

Lee High 9 Abingdon 1

From sportscombine....

Lee pounded out 16 hits in route to a 9-1 win over Abingdon. Laken Stewart(3-3, 2b)& Hannah Ellis(3-4,2b) led Lee while Krista Haynes, Sammi Music, Sarah Bledsoe, & Danielle Shackelford each added 2 hits apiece. Alisha Blevins scattered 9 hits and struck out 6 to garner her 2nd straight win.

Well guys one more team to beat and keep the heads up high and beat the teams again. Wow Richlands had a close game until the 4th inn last night. I would like to tell Megan and Jenny nice hitting girls!!!! I know we could get it together and beat that team. Everyone played awesome last night. Renia Nice pitching you were stingin my hand. We have to be on our toes but everyone played great!!!! Our record 9-0. Oh for the people that don't know Richlands played Carroll county last night and won 7-3 But Thanks for all the fans, the luck that everyone is givin, and the crowd was awesome last night.

This web site is getting boring. You folks from Richlands and Tazewell are really uptight. You both know that it's about to get to district championship time. No one wants to go out on the limb. Which team is going to win it?????? I think Muncy and the bulldogs will be the team that gets the Piedmont #2 for the regionals. Shoot, that will be a tough game, not to mention, then you'll get the number 1 from the Highlands. The winner of that 2nd game of the regionals gets a trip to state. It's looking like that Tunstill will get another trip to the state quarterfinals with a real young team. That damn Roger has done it again. Region 4 Coach of the year. Bulldogs are laying low for now. Next week will tell where Southwest and Highlands stand (if the aces are on the mound). Muncy vs Branson......Will proably see in semi's of region 4. Forget Renia................ Will See

If you want some one to go out on a limb...

Richlands will beat Tazewell. They won't lose untill the state tourney. I don't even know if they'll lose there. The Blues are bringing it this year.

Do you have a Perkins. A Steele, Armes, Cordle, Grindstaff, Street, Tolliver, and Warner. I doubt it. These were ladies who knew the game. They could hit, field and do what it takes to win. True winners.............Knew the meaning of team....Boy, what a pleasure to coach that bunch would have been. Just throw the balls and bat bag down and let that group of ladies do what they loved to do....Win....The Blue don't come close to that team this year. They were special... Just ask Rhonda...........

The boss sounds like a jealous coach. Who would love to have the two state chanmpionships the lady blues have in their pocket. Go ahead and count the blues out. Renia is a good pitcher and will get alot of honors this year. GO LADY BLUES!!!!!!!!!!