What about softball?

thssoph07

Surely you are not comparing this team to the state championship teams. And all this talk about having 9 good players-----------give me one really good pitcher and I'll beat you and your average nine every time

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you had a really good pitcher and that pitcher pitched a shutout...and then got up to bat and hit a homerun...wouldnt that one person have beaten a whole team...????

[ QUOTE ]

What if you had a really good pitcher and that pitcher pitched a shutout...and then got up to bat and hit a homerun...wouldnt that one person have beaten a whole team...????

[/ QUOTE ]

You find me a female, or even a male at that, that could pitch 9 shutout innings, then have enough energy to hit a homerun, then i bet you they're friends with Barry Bonds and Workout at Balco, lol grin.gif

The way that i took it is ths20 meant have the pitcher on the field only then pitch a shutout, then hit a homerun and win the game. Of course a pitcher has shut out a team then knocked a homer. Greg Maddux did it 3 years ago against the Mets i think. But im sure its been done in high school softball too.

Well if that is the case Jim Steele and big Tom Armes better get ready, because those 2 are the reason the other state championships were won. Jim calling all the pitches and big Tom the hitting instructor.

They really did do a good job, I wish they could come back and help again because this years team really has the athletes to do it with. Not too many teams can say they have more talent than the lady blues this year!!!We have our sights set high.

You know you people make it sound like there is nothing to it getting in the game and softball "pssh" it is so easy. First off I know you guys are great baseball heros, or at least you think you are, anyways that is not the point the point is that softball is easy if you have played it for a long time. It is so much different then baseball!! And Tom Arms and Jim Steele may be good but you know the Blevins will always be a better coach b/c they love what they do and they love us. Richland's team this year I think will be close and I think that they will all work to together and bring home the big SWD Championship!! Hopefully we can also bring home the State Championship too. that are my goals and alot of other peoples on the team but like I said earlier I am taking one game at a time and trying not to even think about SWD CHAMPS OR STATE CHAMPS. But I do know this for sure Tazewell and Richlands will be a great game to come and watch. Why don't you come out and watch us!!!! laugh.gif

From what i have been told these lady blues are awsome,and are ready to get it on,so state get ready the lady blues are on their way.Vir. high school player of the year will be,one of the lady blues.Who will it be rhs14?

land_rider it is really hard to tell. I mean there are so any girls that could get it. I am not going to say on that one b/c feelings might get hurt and make some people mad I mean not on the RHS team, but there is so any to choose from. IT IS GOING TO BE A CLOSE RUN, TO CLOSE FOR ME TO TELL!!!!!!!!!

Well it is about to start, we have a scrimmage next week and so you know about to go out on the field and see exactly what we have going on. I can't wait myself I think that we will due good. smirk.gif

Nea will be pitching this year, and yes this is her year to shine, so you know I think that she will give it her all and Nea can walk.... That is false info. Anyways first game is a week from today, the scrimmage got canceled but that is OK.