What about softball?

thssoph07

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to Muncy credit I do, but you know I think that Richlands hit off Muncy too. I didn't see very much hitting off of Proffitt. I think Renia let three people hit her. I mean it is not our fault that Tazewell can't hit her and we can hit Muncy!!!!!!!! Come on face the facts and get over it. Richlands has the pitcher and the team this year!!

Did Richlands even make it out of the district last year? If memory serves, last seasons represenatives from the SWD were Carroll and Tazewell. I remember the year Honaker got 3rd in the state little/senior league tournament, we had went out in the semi finals of the Region D tournament after winning a pathetically weak Black Diamond District, same thing with our baseball team, went out in the Region D semi finals and did pretty well in the tournament. State in Little League doesn't really mean that much. Could Richlands had won the tournament if the entire teams from Turner Ashby, James River, Stonewall Jackon, Gate City, Page County, Jefferson Forest, James Madison, Patrick Henry(Glade Spring) or any other of the top teams in A, AA, and AAA had been there, and I mean the FULL teams. Most teams have to have teams made up of memebers from different schools to even have enough to play summer league. The majority of programs don't even take the little league thing seriously, let alone get their best players most of the time to come out to play.

Well i dont care wat neone of you all say...3rd place in the Mid-Atlantic Regoinal Tourney is pretty impressive even if there wasnt competition in the state here, for them to do that good in a regional tourney is great, how many teams were in there 14?

They all seamed to want to win,i just hope everybody plays togather and works hard and don't quit.Its the high school sports programs that they need to win in,and not worry about playing in this little league stuff.Sometimes kids are made to believe that L/L is more important,but i personally think we should give our best to our high school sports,and not to some L/L coaches EGO.The college scouts are interested in high school athletes.(No offence to anyone)

With all that talent you would think that you could win. You haven't won anything with all that talent. Tazewell has handed it to you ever time in the past few years. Come on Blue. your dreaming. Wake up

Last year is over. It doesn't matter what happened last spring or over the summer. All of the schools have different teams with different players. What matters is what goes down when the season starts next month. If everyone keeps this bickering up no one will have enough energy to make it to first base. So lets just calm down and let the scoreboard do the talking in just a few weeks.

I know people like to talk and argue, but it's pointless arguing. For instance, everyone from Richlands thinks Renia is the best pitcher in the district but Tazewell people will just disagree. An internet message board is not going to change someone's mind on who the best is, watching the girls play will. I'm just saying wait till the season starts and watch some games then get on here and talk your little fingers off, then you'll have some good strong statements. Most of the people on this board haven't seen a softball game in nearly a year, things are completely different. It's just no use arguing about player from last year, they're not playing, 2005 players are.

When was the last time Tazewell won a State Champ??? I think never...and by the way.. yea it is only Senior League.. But i recall Tazewell droppin out of The Little League Program b/c we beat them every year. Didn't they have to go play in the Dixie League?!?! And I think beating state teams like Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina is pretty dag on good and they were ALL VARSITY LEVEL GIRLS!!!!

A state title won 9 years ago doesn't mean anything for this season. Nor does a state title in little league won last summer have anything to do with this season. Richlands can't make it out of one of the weakest softball playing districts in Group AA, but can win District 11(covers all of the area in the SWD excluding Hillsville) and the state little league tourney. That sure does speak a lot about the current condition of little league softball in VA.

I'm gonna have to be sort of a hipocrite here and go against what I've said about it not mattering what happened last season or over the summer. But, doesn't coming in 3rd in the Southeast U.S. say something? If a team that had some pretty tough competition coming from SWVA and make it that far in regionals I'd think that says quite a bit about the condition of softball in the area.

Come on guys. The status of little league softball is terrible. Anybody that is somebody is playing at a far level higher than this. ASA, Traveling teams, etc. There is not a little league team in the country that can be most ASA teams. Look at the girls who are just entering college and see where they are playing... Its' not little league. Little league is a dinosaur. I would say that Richlands has some quality players, but if they want to go to the next level(D-1) they had better up the ante. As far as high school ball goes, the big blue has really been blue over the past few years (and they had some good little league teams then too. And like someone said, we'll see when the season starts just where Blue is. That is --if their schedule is harder than Castlewood and two games with the Dogs. Do they play a VHS or Gate City, or some good Tennessee teams? We'll see............

They usually play in the Eastman inivatational down Kingsport. There's usually some good Tennesee teams at that. Castlewood ain't no slouch at softball and neither are some the A teams around here. But your right I think Richlands needs to step up and play some good AA teams. Either way Richlands will have a good season.We have a good crop of returning players so we'll be aight.

Does Richlands play VHS? They need to if they don't. Lee High usually has competitive teams as well. There really just aren't that good of AA softball teams outside of the ones Richlands already plays and the two I just mentioned. Richlands outta go looking for some good teams in Tenn. to play like someone mentioned. Haysi and Northwood would also be pretty decent Single A opponents for R-Lands to play.