What about softball?

thssoph07

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I made the journey to Bristol twice this week. How in the world did Richlands pitching even allow 6 errors. The Branson girl K'd 16 in six innings. VHS scored 7 against Slate and 8 against Maxfield. The Cats did struggle against Marion. 3-2 win in 11 innings. Branson did not even play until the 7th inning, then played left field. The Campbell girl pitched all 11 innings. Reed's nuts.

The Hurricanes pitching was effective. The Cats appeared to have prepared for Honaker instead of Marion. I think Reed may have played a bunch of freshmen and sophmores and didn't take Marion serious. Almost cost him. They played Honaker 30 minutes later and tore the cover off the ball. Slate and Maxfield both got knocked around tonight. A Cats fan told me they play Gate City tomorrow. I would say Osborne will slow their bats down.

What was the score of the GC/VHS game?

I was at the game yesterday also, and I was quite shocked at how Honaker played. They did quite well against VHS when the teams scrimmaged.

Gate City 2 VHS 0 Gate City put a couple of hits together in two innings scoring a run each time. VHS bats went back to Marion status, however, Osborne was the reason. She is the best pitcher I've seen this year in Virginia. Godsey's girls played good defense too...

The lady blues will be one of the top teams in the region,if renia is over the virus and her knee is ok she will not get beat anymore this year.But coach blevins said there is nothing you can do about nerves,hopefully that want happen again,like it did at t-town Go Blues!

How will the Region IV backet stack up? I know the tournaments haven't been played yet, but I really don't see any upsets if the top teams play like they're capable of playing.

I just seen a score in which Dan River beat Tunstall 1-0 giving Tunstall their only loss of the season. Tunstall will still be #1 heading into the tournament with Dan River #2, and will probably be that way for Region. Of course, Tazewell and Richlands will be the teams to probably come out of the SWD and Va High and Lee High may be the same for the Highlands. ASSUMING all this what would be the bracket?

In my opion, unless Richlands can regain some of that power they had earlier in the season, Tunstall and Dan River will be the top teams in the Region, but ANY TEAM has a chance. Va High will definately be a favorite along R-lands and Taz, and Lee could be a team that sneaks up on everyone especially if they hit and play great the great defense like they're capable of. Looks like it's going to be a really good tournament this year.

Tunstall will host semi's and finals and get first round bye.

Va High will get first round bye

SWD champ will host dan River

SWD runner-up will play Highlands runner-up(don't know site I believe it will be at highlands)

tunstall will play the winner of the runner-ups

va high will play winner of SWD champ and Piedmont champ.

Is there any doubt who the best softball team in all of southwest Va is???? Got to be Gate City!!!!!!!!!Godsey's got the best pitching, the best hitting and the best defense (due to the good pitching)...There is nothing in the Lonesome Pine for that bunch. They could play and beat the Bulldogs (of Tazewell) and the Cats (from Bristol, the Blues, the Tigers, and everyone else on a regular basis. I predict a state championship for the blue devils. Could probably win the AA. The ladys on that team seem to really like to play and win plus Godsey is one of the best, if not the best, coach west of Roanoke if not the state. I wish the Black Diamond and Cumberland districts good luck in the region. That will be a walk in the park......

Nerves, you have played close to 20 games there should not be any nerves a this point in the season. I feel the coach is just making excuses. At this time you better have your team ready or you will be going home for the year. NO nerves in T -town or GC or even VA High.