Congrats to Tazewell

HurricaneWarning

Yeah that game was amazing, I said it last week and I've gotta say it again, amazing. Munc, Rhudy and Razzle dazzle all had a wonderful game. GC's quarterback is a shifty one.

Wonder how many people are gonna pick Tazewell in the pickem two weeks from now when they play CC. Nobody really gave em a chance against GC.

Keep it up dawgs, ya'll put the fans in a mass hysteria tonight.

Edited by tfox

If I wasn`t a believer I sure am now! 2-0 after beating George Wythe and Gate City is amazing. Great job guys!

I agree totally. I am sold now for sure. Welcome back Tazewell. A strong SWD helps everyone, and someone from the swd whether it be Tazewell,Graham,or Richlands is going to go far this year. Great job guys.

I agree totally. I am sold now for sure. Welcome back Tazewell. A strong SWD helps everyone, and someone from the swd whether it be Tazewell,Graham,or Richlands is going to go far this year. Great job guys.

yep.congrats guys on a well played game.you guys are for real.the swd is strong this year.

Wow! Is all I have to say. You all have proved all of the naysayers wrong in an impressive fashion. Keep up the good work and you all will go far this season. Congrats!

I wonder if they still remember that 61-0 whuppin you guys put on them a couple years ago. You know what they say about payback........

I wonder if they still remember that 61-0 whuppin you guys put on them a couple years ago. You know what they say about payback........

seems like i read somewhere graham has em on their schedule this year too, congrats dawgs

I was hopin they forgot about that one...thanks for bringing it back up ;) It could be a very interesting season in the SWD.

The community of Tazewell is certainly due. Mance may have picked this one. Some good SWD football on the horizon.

No kiddin. Everyone thought Mance was just being nice by picking Tazewell to win the district...turns out he may have known what he was talkin about.

Great win tonight for the dawgs, school and the community . Coach Wyatt once again has the dawgs looking hungry and working hard. Have a good week end and enjoy this one , and get ready for a good practice next week. Oh, by the way, happy birthday coach Yost from all the doggies at the dog house. Good job dawgs!

Congrats to the Dawgs. They ARE for real. Muncey's a horse. We had no answer for him. I'm proud of our kids for not giving up after the half. I look for both teams to go far. Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by GC_Quincy

Congrats to Tazewell...Wyatt is a great coach, every year I keep saying to just leave the guy alone and let him do his thing...when you take over a program like Tazewell's it is going to take some time to get things turned around...and it's only been a couple of years now that you have seen a "true" Wyatt team...they have a good coaching staff in place...leave them alone and let them do their thing...success will follow.

I've actually played for Wyatt believe it or not...lol...he was my 8th grade coach back in the day at Grundy and he's a good coach to play for...nice to see them off to a good start this year.

Gate City gave them a gut check though...hats off to them for not giving up when they could have...a great program with a lot of history....I wish I could have watched this game in person.

It's odd how all the private messages i have been getting for the last several months. about how Matt Muncy wasnt good enough to play D1 at wake suddenly stopped....

I'm seeing a possible 10-0 this year. Come on man "BIG DAWGS" not doggies.

congrats on an impressive win. i'm sure if you guys do that 10-0 thing you can borrow our field if you need one (it'll need somepost season action)

LOL not good enough.....people better go out and watch him play. The thing is he isn't all they have. Tazewell is very good at the skill positions, good size and speed combo. I like the intensity and they hit on defense too. It was good game to watch. Obviously i am disappointed GC lost, but they played a good second half, and it was a game of two halves. The Dawgs won the first half 20-0 and that was the real killer.

I thought both teams were pretty evenly matched and the turnovers were the difference. Tazewell didn't make any mistakes and that is a testament to them. That will win you a lot of games.

I think it says a lot about single A football around here when an AA district foresees a strong year when one of their teams beats two A teams. Of course, the lines between A and AA are often blurred in these parts, I still think it speaks well about single A football.

Not selling the SWD short by any means, it is one of the most historical districts in the entire state.

Good Job Dawgs!!!! Yes Muncy has opened his eyes and seen what he can do, but it seems he makes the first guy miss every time.. Tazewell has so many people touching the ball right now that he keep the deffense guessing. Gratz Tazewell, I haven't seen a Tazewell team play a full 4 quaters of football in ages.