GC Blues round two

ba961

I think you see bad calls every game, and no way we "experts" in the stands can see everything even if we think we can. I was fooled by a td catch against Bluefield until I saw the WCYB footage. Some calls make you shake your head, and the refs huddle for 5 minutes for every call it seems, but I don't mind that so much if they get more calls correct. in Saturday's game Herron was called out on a kickoff return with 10yds free sailing but maybe he did step out, he didn't think so but hey it didn't really matter. I saw the "incomplete' call at Marion in the first quarter where Richlands had the completion and the receiver was laying on his back and a kid running by hit the ball they called it incomplete.

Gate City is playing at an incredibly high level and if they can continue they will meet Giles in the finals. However highschool kids after 13 games, if you include the benifit game, get tired; so we will see how long they can keep going. The new playoff system is one more of attrition than of who the best team is in the end. Heck the national college champion only plays 14-15 games at most with 2 by weeks and a month before the big bowl games. To win VHSL it takes 15 games with 1 week off not including scrimmages. All about the money not the health of the kids or who is the best team anymore. Hopefully the kids can survive the playoffs. The injuries get worse every week- they are worn out , especially the teams with real schedules like these 2 teams.

Gate City is playing at an incredibly high level and if they can continue they will meet Giles in the finals. However highschool kids after 13 games, if you include the benifit game, get tired; so we will see how long they can keep going. The new playoff system is one more of attrition than of who the best team is in the end. Heck the national college champion only plays 14-15 games at most with 2 by weeks and a month before the big bowl games. To win VHSL it takes 15 games with 1 week off not including scrimmages. All about the money not the health of the kids or who is the best team anymore. Hopefully the kids can survive the playoffs. The injuries get worse every week- they are worn out , especially the teams with real schedules like these 2 teams.

Man... I am already getting fired up for this game. I will say that Saturday's game was one of the more satisfying wins personally as a GC fan. :) Oh well I am tired and need to get my rest, I have to go up and relieve Quincy and take over watering the field at 2am

I think it would hurt GC as bad or worse if the field ends up being sloppy! Doesn't really play to the advantage of either team. So in that case.....i dont care if it snows a foot and we play in a slushy mudbowl or if it's sunny and the field is dry as a camels fart. (preferred) I'm just ready to see some helmet paint traded

I get a little defensive Razor, but I just don't want anybody discounting that win.  I know you didn't but others were saying things that made it sound like they were.  Just got my boy's back is all.  lol.  Hey, good luck to you guys...I sincerely hope you guys win!  Just set Vance to spy on Herron and nothing else...lol. 

Can we bring our " safely stored" set of cleats ? (cant believe I just said that)...lol.

I guess I will now be in the doghouse with my friend Bigrhs for uttering that skeleton !

No problem from me Razor,  I was actually gonna get em out and give em a good cleaning after I get back from my recruiting trip to Texas.  I figured we got a kid from Florida,  I might as well try to get one from Texas.......lol

There really needs to be a sarcasm font !

Your good Bigrhs ! I run out of likes to often...lol

Big O there is no shutting down Herron completely just an awesome football player that can run!!!!!! He is also very tough for his size. We just have to hope we can contain him just enough. There are many other good players on this team and a GREAT linebacker.....he is a man amongst boys in most cases. I love watching him play. I just don't want to say everything I feel in this thread this early. We still have four full days to talk about it...lol.

BigO,  I got on here several times giving you guys credit and respect.  As a matter of fact,  I was one of the first !    Abingdon beat us that night,  and had a lot to do with the way Richlands played that night,  but what I meant in my post when i stated that about which Richlands team shows up for this upcoming game is simply,  the team that played that night in Abingdon would not beat GC......plain and simple.  They have to play like they did against Marion.  That is all that was meant.  And again,  yes,  Abingdon played a great game and had a lot to do with the way we played........OK  

Your good Bigrhs ! I run out of likes to often...lol

Big O there is no shutting down Herron completely just an awesome football player that can run!!!!!! He is also very tough for his size. We just have to hope we can contain him just enough. There are many other good players on this team and a GREAT linebacker.....he is a man amongst boys in most cases. I love watching him play. I just don't want to say everything I feel in this thread this early. We still have four full days to talk about it...lol.

Thank you kind sir..........just trying to play catch up !

I think it would hurt GC as bad or worse if the field ends up being sloppy! Doesn't really play to the advantage of either team. So in that case.....i dont care if it snows a foot and we play in a slushy mudbowl or if it's sunny and the field is dry as a camels fart. (preferred) I'm just ready to see some helmet paint traded

My only question here is how you know that camel farts are dry.........

Well its all just an assumption.....similar to the way that the Wake Forrest players assumed that it has to feel really good to win a football game....but then they got to play the Hokies. Welp....guess I'm the only one assuming and dreaming these days.

But I digress......The point of my post was I'd rather see the game played on a dry field with not a shred of doubt left as to who the best team is. Not that any of us from either historical team would ever find ways to make an excuse. ;)

If GC wins and Wilson Memorial wins since they are both #2 seeds what happens then? Do they go by the higher state rank or do they go by who has the most power points to decide who gets to host the semifinal game? I felt like it was by point system but wasn't exactly sure

If GC wins and Wilson Memorial wins since they are both #2 seeds what happens then? Do they go by the higher state rank or do they go by who has the most power points to decide who gets to host the semifinal game? I felt like it was by point system but wasn't exactly sure

If Gate Wins and Glenvar wins then GC would host. That's the only way GC could host. If Giles wins, then they'll host regardless. 

If Giles wins and Gate City wins then Gate City will travel. If Glenvar and Gate City wins then Gate City stays home and Glenvar travels.The top seeded team in the west will host the lower seeded team in the east and the top east team will host the lower seeded west team.