How's it going with local recruiting?

Dawgs4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering .... Is any of theses kids getting any looks from ETSU?  In the past ETSU always undervalued Southwest Virginia players.  I was hoping they changed their ways. But I don't see anyone locally signing with them.   

Just wondering .... Is any of theses kids getting any looks from ETSU?  In the past ETSU always undervalued Southwest Virginia players.  I was hoping they changed their ways. But I don't see anyone locally signing with them.   

For what it's worth, ETSU never recruited Steven Peoples or Caleb Spurlin.  Every DI and DI-AA program within 4 hours at least inquired.  For a program two hours from Galax, that's almost criminal. 

• 2 months later...

I had been hearing App St. was very high on Spurlin for a long time.  I think it's a good fit for him.  

On a side note, he went 2-4 with a run scored and an RBI Friday in baseball and his batting average dropped 21 points.  He is 34-47 on the season for a .723 average.  

Edit to add; he has played every position in the field, including pitcher and catcher and has committed 3 errors.  That's almost more impressive than the batting average.

Not a lot this kid can't do!

• 2 weeks later...

Zamir Echeagaray signed with Ferrum.  How is this for a headline quote, "Echeagaray anchored an offensive line that paved the way for more than 16,000 rushing yards during his varsity career".  Four year starter and two time all state.  Great young man!

Charles Harris signed with Bluefield.  In my opinion, Emory and Henry, UVA Wise and ETSU missed the boat!

From Glenvar QB Zach Clifford, RB Daryl Manns, WR/DB Elliott Stigall, LB Dustin Brown are all headed to Ferrum. Also heard RB Mann from Giles is headed to Ferrum. New Head Coach from Ferrum is recruiting some hidden gems from the area. Ferrum could be a special place in a couple years.