Union vs Appomattox?

Richlands Gang

Is Bronco still the right man to take the team forward or whatever you said earlier this year?

His use of the 2-3 QB platoon today was masterful

I think he can be. But I think he has a problem connecting to his players. He doesn't have a team full of 24-year-old Samoans with wives and kids. I think he is intelligent enough to see the disconnect, but can he adapt. You don't win 99 games in 11 years by being a bad coach. But can he right the ship in time?

I understand the platoon rationale as articulated by Mendenhall, but you have to settle on the best package to achieve the desired results, and that was Benkert.

Pretty sad when Wise County has one radio station and they can't even get their stream to work right for a state quarterfinal game. Of course this is the same outfit that wouldn't cover Union in the girl's state basketball championship game last year. Par for the course. No wonder, I never listen to that station.

Something I have just realized this year... Good sports commentary is tough to find. WAXM is rough currently and the Appo stream sounds like it is their coaching staff talking about the game... completely Appo biased. Rightfully so, but I just want someone to merely call the game as they see it. 

But then again the United States cannot even get a news network to do that on television. Thanks Obama/Trump

Never thought I'd say I preferred WAXM's announcers to anyone...then I heard Appomattox's radio announcers. Can't make heads or tails about the game listening to that mess. SMH

I concur! Both are rough feeds but better than nothing. 

I just do not understand the idea of just getting anyone to call these games. I can imagine they have a decent listening base currently and not making the best of it (waxm at least). Can they not find an old ball coach somewhere to call it?

I am okay with the biased calling to an extent. Probably the best feed I have listened to is WGTH out of Richlands. 

I concur! Both are rough feeds but better than nothing.

I just do not understand the idea of just getting anyone to call these games. I can imagine they have a decent listening base currently and not making the best of it (waxm at least). Can they not find an old ball coach somewhere to call it?

I am okay with the biased calling to an extent. Probably the best feed I have listened to is WGTH out of Richlands.

Listening to the Appo announcers is about like listening to a NASCAR driver do a post race interview...nothing but endorsements and advertisements. It's pitiful when they tell you tge ball was ran up the middle..then endirse a couple businesses...and never tell you the result of the play. Drove me to cutting it off lol

Best chance of beating Appo? Has anyone seen anything the East has to offer?

I vaguely remember Union rolling into Clarke County pretty confident last year and went back down 81 pretty upset. 

My take, there are 4 teams left in the state in 2A football... They all 4 got a good chance at winning the whole thing. 

First of all congratulations to the Union Bears on another good season and playoff run. Nothing to be ashamed of so hold your heads up high! Plenty of teams sitting at home that would have loved to play late into November. Sounded like Appo just had too much speed but can that be contained. Yes and I'm all in on Richlands bringing the trophy back down this way. No one is talking about Goochland and when I saw they were back in the picture this year, I said they would be the team coming out of the east. After all they were state champs in 2012, so I imagine they're just as hungry. Anyway the best 4 are remaining and Richlands will represent in the state game especially if Stuarts Draft is still running the single wing.