Union vs Appomattox?

Richlands Gang

Appy vs Bath County 1989. There are no sure wins or losses. The games are played for a reason. Go Bears!

Yep....I remember how BC was scoring at a 60+ ppg clip and destroying everyone. I also remember looking at the starting lineups in the Kingsport paper (back when they used to actually cover high school football) and seeing how Appy had a huge size advantage up front and thinking that Appy could win the game if they just avoid turnovers.

Two weeks ago, Fulton beat a Knox Catholic team that many considered to be the best team in Tennessee regardless of classification. Fulton had also lost to them by 27 and gave up 69 points in their 1st meeting. In the playoffs, despite losing their all state LB to injury, Fulton won 46-25. So yeah, the games do need to be played.

On paper, Appomattox will probably win. That's why they play the game. If Union has the right game plan and executes the plan well, then they will win or come very close. 

I took a glance at that thread on VaPreps. I don't ever take them seriously. 

Appy vs Bath County 1989. There are no sure wins or losses. The games are played for a reason. Go Bears!

Your right, no one thought appy had a chance that game. Games like that is what made tom turner one of the best coaches around. Union needs to play some keep away this week also.

Does Appomattox have any Division 1 athletes this year? I'm not suggesting that is all that matters, but I have seen it happen before deep in the playoffs. It's tougher for a TE/WR than a QB or RB, but Mitchell gives the Bears a good shot if given the opportunity.

Don't forget the 2002 George Wythe Maroons in the Division 2 State Semis versus Gate City. A VERY good Gate City team who was undefeated rolled into Wytheville and had to be a sizable favorite. George Wythe defeats Gate City in overtime and goes on to defeat Buckingham County for the Division 2 State Championship.

Don't forget the 2002 George Wythe Maroons in the Division 2 State Semis versus Gate City. A VERY good Gate City team who was undefeated rolled into Wytheville and had to be a sizable favorite. George Wythe defeats Gate City in overtime and goes on to defeat Buckingham County for the Division 2 State Championship.

The above was one of the best games I have ever seen.

I just went over and was reading the Va preps forum.. those guys don't wanna give Union any respect whatsoever for what they just did to Dan River.. wow.

I'm not worried about respect before the game. I'm liking the underdog role. I think it fits us well, and it worked out just fine against DR.

I'm not worried about respect before the game. I'm liking the underdog role. I think it fits us well, and it worked out just fine against DR.

They are such assholes. I suggest Union would have best player on field (adfter saying Appo clearly has more overall talent) and you'd think I had called them garbage. They predicted DR to embarrass us too, so I'm hoping they think were just some pushover.

I went to Dan River,they had speed too.their wide outs and backs were fast fast fast, didnt they win the state track 4x relay this past year?that alone tells you that Dan River is faster than APPOMATTOX.I also looked at VA PREPS, good name for them ...PREPS....,most of them seem to think we are playing the BRONCOS WITH Payton Manning, ....jeeezz.I am not going to sit here and tell you that UNION is going to beat APPO, havent seen APPO,except on HUDL, Iwill say this,if we control the line,and get to APPO QB, we will have a great chance to win. I look for APPO to play man coverage(double MITCHELL)and bring everyone on a run blitz every down except on 3rd and long.WE had a costly turnover at DAN RIVER, that they only got 3 points out of, APPO WILL NOT SETTLE FOR 3.ALL I have to say is FULL HOUSE FULL HOUSE FULL HOUSE, and i know TOM TURNER is smiling with a chew of tobacco in and that APPALACHIA hat cocked a little to the rear.HIT THEM IN THE MOUTH BOYS

I went to Dan River,they had speed too.their wide outs and backs were fast fast fast, didnt they win the state track 4x relay this past year?that alone tells you that Dan River is faster than APPOMATTOX.I also looked at VA PREPS, good name for them ...PREPS....,most of them seem to think we are playing the BRONCOS WITH Payton Manning, ....jeeezz.I am not going to sit here and tell you that UNION is going to beat APPO, havent seen APPO,except on HUDL, Iwill say this,if we control the line,and get to APPO QB, we will have a great chance to win. I look for APPO to play man coverage(double MITCHELL)and bring everyone on a run blitz every down except on 3rd and long.WE had a costly turnover at DAN RIVER, that they only got 3 points out of, APPO WILL NOT SETTLE FOR 3.ALL I have to say is FULL HOUSE FULL HOUSE FULL HOUSE, and i know TOM TURNER is smiling with a chew of tobacco in and that APPALACHIA hat cocked a little to the rear.HIT THEM IN THE MOUTH BOYS

Yep, straight line speed is exactly the same as agility. That's why Usain Bolt is the greatest receiver in NFL history...