Any college offers for players in the surrounding areas yet?

BlackWolf5

Not firsthand information but I am told Deacon Beamer from George Wythe has a few offers from D-II schools as well as a few invited walk-on opportunities from FCS schools.  

Kid can play.  He will land somewhere.

Has anybody heard if Devon Johnson nephew (Seth Johnson) is going to try to follow in his uncle footsteps by going to Marshall? I heard that he was at there elite camp this past weekend I just wish him and all high school players the best at furthering there education!

The main concern about Redwine is his size, college scouts told a coaching friend of mine he needs to put on about twenty pounds just to take the pounding of game play, he can make all the throws and is a decent runner. 

2 hours ago, BlackWolf5 said:

Has anybody heard if Devon Johnson nephew (Seth Johnson) is going to try to follow in his uncle footsteps by going to Marshall? I heard that he was at there elite camp this past weekend I just wish him and all high school players the best at furthering there education!

I feel like you're more educated on this subject than the rest of us 

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I just don't understand this....unless VT caved in on the "offer the local kid" thing

It's the same reason Cooke has major P5 offers...speed kills. 

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Have you seen beck play live?

Not highlights where they show nothing bad ever

Not yet, but I'll see every game he plays this year when I call his games with Paul on ESPNBlacksburg. Just going off what I've been told by scouts and such, he doesn't have the best hands and is considered small. But man does he have speed, and that's most likely what got him this offer. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not yet, but I'll see every game he plays this year when I call his games with Paul on ESPNBlacksburg. Just going off what I've been told by scouts and such, he doesn't have the best hands and is considered small. But man does he have speed, and that's most likely what got him this offer. 

I've seen both beck and Cooke live multiple times each and Cooke IMO is flat out a better football player