Top 5 RBs in SWD

smitty37

Brent Surface was good but he never even reached 800 yards. Graham has had 7 or 8 players in the last 10 years to reach at least 1200. Dews, Brandon Banks, Byard, Easly, Graves, Jones, Bradshaw, HT Matthews. I don't think Surface was better than any of the HB's easly and matthews were fullback and QB. Mike Henry and Jared Tibbs may have had more yards than Surface.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

we shall see...

He is within about 400 of the all time rushing yards from scrimmage record, had 1500 yards last year and should have a better line to run behind this year...and will get most of the carries, last year he split with AW Looney who also had a 1000 yard year...and he's stronger and faster this year...if he stays healthy the best is yet to come. Aug 26th will be the first day of judgement...22 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Marcum dating or talking? lol j/k

I like marcums's style of running myself but personaly i dont think he is in th top three backs to come out of grundy. I know he might not have the line scammell had but Grundy also plays weaker opponets now. They dont play matewan, Iaeger, mt. view....Competiton was also better in the past in all area teams i think.....Its hard to compare but i think the talent level has gone down in all area schools the past 5 years.

1 Cary perkins

2 David Scammell

3 tim rutherford

4 jason lester

5 garon marcum

[ QUOTE ]

You and Marcum dating or talking? lol j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

neither...just call it like i see it.

...and yeah...we'll see where he stands after the season is over on the list...lot of turf to be traveled still.

To respond to the person who asked what D-1 Colleges those other players were at, Paco Jones is also at Marshall, behind AB. Reed Oaks well, from what I heard he went to Mars Hill (if thats hows its spelled) in NC. But he droped out and now is back here in bluefield and is playing for the Barrons. Ringstaff I'm sure someone from Richlands knows that one... But If I'm not mistaken didn't he go D-1 here in VA... But there ya go Haha ohh and I know not in competition with the Top 5 but I mean you said Paco and Reid Oaks... So J.R. Wilson should be in with atleast those two. And J.R. if I'm yet again not mistaken is going to UVA Wise...

[ QUOTE ]

Brent Surface was good but he never even reached 800 yards. Graham has had 7 or 8 players in the last 10 years to reach at least 1200. Dews, Brandon Banks, Byard, Easly, Graves, Jones, Bradshaw, HT Matthews. I don't think Surface was better than any of the HB's easly and matthews were fullback and QB. Mike Henry and Jared Tibbs may have had more yards than Surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do three of those backs have in common, they played in the same backfield. Banks, Byard, and Easly in 95.

I tell you another running back that was awful tough was Bryan Beavers from Richlands in the mid 80's. He didn't go D1 but anybody that played against him can relay the message of how tough he was.

*note:

BB_Tweeder asked me to delete the BS posts here so it could stay on topic...so the crap was removed...

no animals were hurt during the clean up process. smirk.gif

I played against Beavers in midget league and watched him in High School. He was a horse of a fullback. E.W. Griffith who played at Richlands a few years ago reminded me a lot of Beavers.