I love the emails I get...check this one out...

GMan

I thought it was funny...

--- Radio4ron@aol.com wrote:

My name is Ron Myers and I broadcast high school football on 3WR sports radio in the Roanoke Valley. I was recently with clear channel (ESPN) the last 9 years. I try to keep a very open mind with web sites (Va. Preps, this site and many others) and never put much thought into what is printed. Your sweet 16 picks just seem to rub me the wrong way. I would like to know how many of these teams you have seen play that makes you the expert to pick these in the order you have picked them. First....to have Liberty picked #1 is so far off the cuff. With the injuries they have they will be lucky to get thru through the season 7-3. Then Richlands at #2 is just what the sportswriters and coaches want you to believe. They have played no one and will play no one until week 13 when they face Hidden Valley or Cave Spring. If you are going to pick a sweet 16 then this is much more accurate than (w. Wilson???? James Monroe????? J.I.Burton(where did this one come from??????) #1. Salem (13 game winning streak-which includes hanging 45 on Richlands last year on that mud tract they call a field) and by the way this salem team is far better than last years. #2 Amherst . #3 Richlands (only because Region 4 DIv. 3 is weaker than 4 times strained tea bags). Hidden Valley, and this team is loaded!!!!!! 5. Libert. 6. Fleming and M. Vista Tied. #7 Glenvar...they will beat Giles...this game could be over at halftime. 8. Cave Spring.. this team is solid, but they have no fire power on offens #9 Giles...what can you say about the chicken wing offense. #10. thru 16... does it really matter. Its like comparing steak to potted possum. Come on guys.... if you expect us the web site reader to take you serious, please put a little more effort into picking these teams.

The G-Man replied:

Being a bit "Roanoke" biased with YOUR picks, aren't you Ron???

Liberty will finish no worse than 9-1. The ONLY chance they have to lose a game, despite their injuries, is against Amherst Co....and Amherst Co. is awful good this year. Go ahead and think that Richlands isn't the real deal...this team is VERY GOOD...PERIOD...especially on defense!!! BTW, I know it was only a scrimmage, but Richlands did smack Pulaski Co. in the mouth before the season started.

No way is this year's Salem team better than last year's. Granted they are good, and as the saying goes "you have to beat the Champs, to be the Champs". Well, here is a news flash Ron...the "champs" will be beaten during the regular season...maybe twice. As you said, Hidden Valley is "loaded" and I think you are overlooking a Pulaski Co. team that is getting healthy again.

As for Woodrow Wilson (from Beckley, WV...WV AAA school), they are loaded this year too! They are currently ranked #1 in WV AAA and really haven't had a "close" game yet in spite of a fairly difficult WV schedule. Again, I know it was only a scrimmage but this is the only way I can relate it to you, Woodrow absolutely THROTTLED a pretty good Rockbridge Co. team in the preseason.

Don't knock the small schools, Ron. J.I. Burton is as tough as they get and for a Division 1 school, is very good this season. Anytime a team goes 7-0 to start the season in the Lonesome Pine District, they've got to be given their props.

You have your opinions and I have mine and obviously, you can't get past your "Roanoke Valley" biasedness to give the schools in SWVA any respect.

Sincerely,

The G-Man

PS

Somebody must be taking my website seriously...its had over 2 million hits since August 1st...I don't guess I am putting enough effort into it...have a nice day!

PSS

Keep the emails coming...I need a good laugh to get me through the day! Thanks!!!

I don't think you will get a reply GMan. You have already exposed him for what he is and left him nowhere to go. The only thing he could do is put his RoanokeValley-itis on display once again. Bad enough to be thought a fool .... worse should he spout off a second time and remove all doubt. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ......somebody smack my hand for that

[ QUOTE ]

I try to keep a very open mind with web sites (Va. Preps, this site and many others) and never put much thought into what is printed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't put much thought into what he's typing either. I wonder if he realizes fans in general put more trust in websites like this and merely tolerate idiots like him?

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny...

--- Radio4ron@aol.com wrote:

My name is Ron Myers and I broadcast high school football on 3WR sports radio in the Roanoke Valley. I was recently with clear channel (ESPN) the last 9 years. I try to keep a very open mind with web sites (Va. Preps, this site and many others) and never put much thought into what is printed. Your sweet 16 picks just seem to rub me the wrong way. I would like to know how many of these teams you have seen play that makes you the expert to pick these in the order you have picked them. First....to have Liberty picked #1 is so far off the cuff. With the injuries they have they will be lucky to get thru through the season 7-3. Then Richlands at #2 is just what the sportswriters and coaches want you to believe. They have played no one and will play no one until week 13 when they face Hidden Valley or Cave Spring. If you are going to pick a sweet 16 then this is much more accurate than (w. Wilson???? James Monroe????? J.I.Burton(where did this one come from??????) #1. Salem (13 game winning streak-which includes hanging 45 on Richlands last year on that mud tract they call a field) and by the way this salem team is far better than last years. #2 Amherst . #3 Richlands (only because Region 4 DIv. 3 is weaker than 4 times strained tea bags). Hidden Valley, and this team is loaded!!!!!! 5. Libert. 6. Fleming and M. Vista Tied. #7 Glenvar...they will beat Giles...this game could be over at halftime. 8. Cave Spring.. this team is solid, but they have no fire power on offens #9 Giles...what can you say about the chicken wing offense. #10. thru 16... does it really matter. Its like comparing steak to potted possum. Come on guys.... if you expect us the web site reader to take you serious, please put a little more effort into picking these teams.

The G-Man replied:

Being a bit "Roanoke" biased with YOUR picks, aren't you Ron???

Liberty will finish no worse than 9-1. The ONLY chance they have to lose a game, despite their injuries, is against Amherst Co....and Amherst Co. is awful good this year. Go ahead and think that Richlands isn't the real deal...this team is VERY GOOD...PERIOD...especially on defense!!! BTW, I know it was only a scrimmage, but Richlands did smack Pulaski Co. in the mouth before the season started.

No way is this year's Salem team better than last year's. Granted they are good, and as the saying goes "you have to beat the Champs, to be the Champs". Well, here is a news flash Ron...the "champs" will be beaten during the regular season...maybe twice. As you said, Hidden Valley is "loaded" and I think you are overlooking a Pulaski Co. team that is getting healthy again.

As for Woodrow Wilson (from Beckley, WV...WV AAA school), they are loaded this year too! They are currently ranked #1 in WV AAA and really haven't had a "close" game yet in spite of a fairly difficult WV schedule. Again, I know it was only a scrimmage but this is the only way I can relate it to you, Woodrow absolutely THROTTLED a pretty good Rockbridge Co. team in the preseason.

Don't knock the small schools, Ron. J.I. Burton is as tough as they get and for a Division 1 school, is very good this season. Anytime a team goes 7-0 to start the season in the Lonesome Pine District, they've got to be given their props.

You have your opinions and I have mine and obviously, you can't get past your "Roanoke Valley" biasedness to give the schools in SWVA any respect.

Sincerely,

The G-Man

PS

Somebody must be taking my website seriously...its had over 2 million hits since August 1st...I don't guess I am putting enough effort into it...have a nice day!

PSS

Keep the emails coming...I need a good laugh to get me through the day! Thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What a moron.........I never knew that working for a radio station that carries espn makes you an expert on high school football. Apparantly he hasn't been out of Roanoke County to watch a football game. See this is what happens when you include region 3 on this website.

Sorry GMan but this guy is a total tool! Glenvar may beat Giles but I guarentee there is no way it will be over by halftime. Geez dude they need to beat Giles once in their lives before you are going to guarentee a victory. Chicken wing offense is a classic line from a TOTAL TOOL!

I dont know alot about high school once I get past graham but 3 things I do know is

1 this guy may know sports but he is not exactly an expert on high school ball

2chicken wing offense my a$$, the single wing is a very good offence that is making a comeback

3 JI Burton is for real as long as they dont have anyone get hurt they can play with anyone in A and alot of the AA teams

how about the nickname ron "weiner" myers, old alice better wake up & realize we do play football on the other side of the state. but of course to him the state stops in roanoke!

p.s.

didn't know you had to have a perfect field to have a good football team. he will find out very soon!

The same argument he made against Richlands (weak schedule) could be made for Salem! The Spartans toughest opponent was William Fleming last week, and it was a very tough win. Interesting when people throw "ESPN" into there verbal resume they become experts.

I find it odd that such a "knowledgeable sportscaster" would get bent out of shape over rankings that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things (no offense, G-Man) AND take the time to write an e-mail to the person who compiled it. It would be a different story if it were included in a BCS-type formula to determine a state champion or playoff participants.

If other people's opinions "rub him the wrong way" so much I guess he'll be posting rebuttals to every rankings thread he sees online.

You have to learn to overlook anyone in the Roanoke Valley, they'll always be bias to their local schools. His talk about weak schedules was silly, especially after he disqualified it with the Glenvar statement........Glenvar has played NOBODY, Giles will be the only competition they've had all year, we KNOW Giles is good, we don't know anything about Glenvar.

i guess ron sould check his facts when he said that richlands has not played anyone and that salem sould be ranked a head of them

Salem:(5-0) has beat these teams this year:

lord botetourt (0-4)

brookville (2-3)

william byrd (0-5)

northside (1-5)

william fleming (3-2)

for a combined record of (6-19)

Richlands (7-0) has beat these teams this year:

gate city (5-1)

honaker (6-1)

grundy (1-4)

abingdon (2-5)

graham (5-2)

tazewell (3-3)

marion (2-5)

for a combined record of (24-21)

old ron might want to check his facts before he talks. as my dad you to say it is better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!!!