ABINGDON FOOTBALL COACH SUSPENDED

techivyleague

I found out the rest of the story. Gregory was against the Cinemall serving beer, stating the kids will skip school and get drunk. The parents, all for the beer being served, thought it is a great idea. After hearing arguments from the parents the school board took the side of the parents, mainly based on the idea that it would be easier for them to take the beatings drunk.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jayster1

If he has been showing any respect no one not even me has seen it.

To ALL

ITS NOT JUST YELLING AND CUSSING. I get yelled at and cussed at work. I get yelled at and cussed at home it is not new to me and it dont bother me. BUT WHEN GREGORY SAID SAY THE LORDS PRAYER AND GET OUT OF HERE THAT MADE ME UPSET.

ITS NOT JUST YELLING AND CUSSING there are more problems with him on and off the field and in and out of the classroom

[ QUOTE ]

Here's an online petition concerning the issue...

Petition to remove Gregory

There were some posts on Va preps early about it, but seem to have since dissapeared. One of them said some things had happened off the field too I believe. Who knows? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a good idea for a petition. SWVA should peitition to have the town of Abingdon relocated to NOVA. grin.gif

"ME-ONLY-ME Attitude""ME-ONLY-ME Attitude""ME-ONLY-ME Attitude""ME-ONLY-ME Attitude" gregory has this attitude

he has said more than i can count. you dont no so shut up

There you go big fella, that a way to be a big man - register last night on this messageboard and start talking about someone while you remain anonymous. You'll go far in life if you take that route, won't you now? You're no different than iknowthefacts - she also registered last night on the board you know. You're both whining like little girls - hiding behind the keyboard.

To ALL

ITS NOT JUST YELLING AND CUSSING. I get yelled at and cussed at work. I get yelled at and cussed at home it is not new to me and it dont bother me. BUT WHEN GREGORY SAID SAY THE f*%@#IN LORDS PRAYER AND GET OUT OF HERE THAT MADE ME UPSET.

ITS NOT JUST YELLING AND CUSSING there are more problems with him on and off the field and in and out of the classroom

Edited by GMan (09/20/06 03:21 PM) why did you edit what i said you taking up for gregory you dont even play for him

I may not but this is MY board and you DID post something that didn't belong here...

With much love,

The G-Man

Observer77

Who the hell are you pee wee. ill stand up for what is right. I play on the team. I am a starter myself. Your not on the team you don't no whats going on. You dont have to be an ahole about it. You sound just like gregory. How would you feel if you were in this mess. Think Smart and youll go far in life.

So, in your opinion..........Tough love? Do you agree that cursing and screaming at a child will accomplish more? There is a BIG difference in cussing and being cussed at!Where I grew up.....If you wanted respect, you paid respect! Just because a parent STANDS up for a child they are SOFT? That is called PARENTAL LOVE..Not sure if you comprehend that. Do you put your child down, degrade his abilities, degrade his integrity and self-worth? What if someone made "slide" remarks of your ENTIRE family? YOU do NOT know ALL the facts. Do you know that there were incidents last year also? in the classroom as well as on the field?and this is NOT related to just ONE game? Where you there? Until you get ALL the facts, maybe you should with- hold your opinion.Thats how any logical person makes a decision and base an opinion..........is on the FACTS ALL of them!

Since you have the wonderful position of ADMINISTRATOR.....you should base your comments on FACTS and NOT call the players girls.......Really made you look big, if that is what you were after.........Right!.

[ QUOTE ]

So, in your opinion..........Tough love? Do you agree that cursing and screaming at a child will accomplish more? There is a BIG difference in cussing and being cussed at!Where I grew up.....If you wanted respect, you paid respect! Just because a parent STANDS up for a child they are SOFT? That is called PARENTAL LOVE..Not sure if you comprehend that. Do you put your child down, degrade his abilities, degrade his integrity and self-worth? What if someone made "slide" remarks of your ENTIRE family? YOU do NOT know ALL the facts. Do you know that there were incidents last year also? in the classroom as well as on the field?and this is NOT related to just ONE game? Where you there? Until you get ALL the facts, maybe you should with- hold your opinion.Thats how any logical person makes a decision and base an opinion..........is on the FACTS ALL of them!

[/ QUOTE ]

You people keep saying "all the facts"...well, give us the FACTS!!!

The fact is, according to more than one newspaper/television report, the coach was suspended for yelling at his players during/after the game on Friday night against Richlands. They are not reporting any other "facts"...only the folks against the coach keep bringing up these "other facts" and we've yet to actually hear what they are. SO PLEASE, TELL US "THE FACTS"!!!

Did he duct tape the ball boy and stick him in a closet???

Did he spit in the water boy's "high quality H2O"???

C'mon, don't hold out...GIVE US THE FACTS!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Do you know that there were incidents last year also?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember there were complaints about the yelling and cussing last year... If the guy really is as bad as everyone says then he may deserve to be suspended and/or dismissed... But you really should get the "Facts" out in the open because, on the surface, it looks like you've suspended a high school football coach for doing something that ALL high school football coaches do... at least the ones who are successful.

Well I have read all of these I can. I don't know this coach at all. The truth is yelling and cursing etc. goes on with most teams, always has and always will. This probaly comes down to a few parents don't like hime and they have a little pull and will find a way to push him out. Cursing this is probably coming from the same parents that gave there kids money to go see a R rated movie sat. night