ABINGDON FOOTBALL COACH SUSPENDED

techivyleague

[ QUOTE ]

he was actually cussing us for no reason bein a deusche shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting your ass handed to you by a score of 53-0 is a great reason for him to cuss you...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Here's an online petition concerning the issue...

Petition to remove Gregory

There were some posts on Va preps early about it, but seem to have since dissapeared. One of them said some things had happened off the field too I believe. Who knows? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see "Hugh G. Rection" and Ron Mexico signed the petition....

i can see both points of the argument..on one side he does have free speech..yes that will probably be brought up...but on the other side..that is in no way acceptable because some kids that are little stand as close to the benches as possible and are very easily persuaded to do things and cuss would be one of them...i dont know what happened..but excuse or no excuse..it probably shouldnt have happened...unless something caused it

Guys just don't worry about it. Noone here on the team should speak about it, if it was acceptable or not. We just need to get focused on Tazewell. And I sure don't wanna lose again.

[ QUOTE ]

i can see both points of the argument..on one side he does have free speech..yes that will probably be brought up...but on the other side..that is in no way acceptable because some kids that are little stand as close to the benches as possible and are very easily persuaded to do things and cuss would be one of them...i dont know what happened..but excuse or no excuse..it probably shouldnt have happened...unless something caused it

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that isn't really what free speech is. Yes you can say what you want but, unless you are speaking about your government, you aren't immune from the repercussions.

Personally I don't agree with cussing at minors but I do think yelling is necessary in a disciplined sport like football.

Plymal would be a great fit at Abingdon...they should have taken him a couple of years ago when they could have gotten him...that aside, Gate City didn't do much better against Richlands...nor has anyone else the past two years...so...should not have been a shocker to anyone...but the fact the coach actually thought his kids could compete or maybe even beat Richlands enough to get that upset over it should...you would think...possibly make them want to keep the guy around...he could have easily just said "well that was to be expected" but he didn't.

To me that's the interesting part here.

I agree arms, we should focus on the game. if you don't know anything about it, keep your mouth shut. yes, nothing happened off the field, it happened on the field after the game. yes there are other things that gregory is in trouble for. some players will talk about it, most won't. they're afraid that they won't play if they talk. yelling, argueing, and cursing is in football, but taking it out on certain people is unacceptable. singling out players is unacceptable. gregory is a good coach, but he's not ready to come down from the college level to be a high school football coach. some people need to suck it up. abingdon should be tougher. there is a couple of momma's and daddy's- boys on the team. abingdon has roughly 1000 students, but only 30 or 40 come out for the team, when holston has significantly less people attending the school and has 50-60 players come out. that should tell you something. Boy don't give up. There's still hope for the rest of the season.

I know most of the people who are complaining over abingdon being soft and whiny honestly <font size=5>DON'T</font size=5> know all that has happened with this terrible man. There is more to him than just cursing madly to the football players. Actually there is more to this man than his involvement in football.

I have noticed coach gregory is two different people when he's around students and adults. He sucks up to the adults, and tries to dictate around school to the students, being rude, snobbish, and just stupid.

Another thing that should be brought to people's attention is that he says inappropriate things to handicapped kids. he is so rude to say things like, "hurry up retard".

People have been fighting for removal of gregory the whole time he's been here, not just since the football team has lost.

My point is----> <font size=4>coach gregory sucks</font size=4><font size=10>.

<font size=4>So do the people who are crazy enough to like him.

actually i'm a girl from abingdon high school. i care very much about the high school football players. if you were intelligent enough to read, then you'd notice i wrote crap about him doing things other than yelling.

you apparently don't know anything, so stop trying.

I mean come on people,yelling usually will get a person motivated. You think Vince Lombardi didn't yell at Bart Starr? Ditka didn't yell at Walter Payton? You all know he did. From high school to the pros yelling is part of the game. This is just over some parents who's kids didn't come to summer weightlifting and are not getting rewarded for work they didnt' do over the summer. 1000 students and only 35 out for the team thats ludicris.Half the schools in this area have half the student body and have more kids out for football. LET HIM COACH

[ QUOTE ]

actually i'm a girl from abingdon high school. i care very much about the high school football players. if you were intelligent enough to read, then you'd notice i wrote crap about him doing things other than yelling.

you apparently don't know anything, so stop trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm assuming that you are not on the team! You haven't worked all summer and in practice. I coach midget league football in Richlands. And I YELL, during practice, games, halftime and sometimes yes even after games. I do this because I care about my players and I want them to succeed. I have my players respect, the parents respect and my peers respect. Football is an emotional game at any level. It is a metaphor for life and teaches many lessons that will be applied later in life. It made me not only a better player, but prepared me to be a better man. I played for Dennis Vaught (as did bluenecknation) and he yelled alot. But, there is not a man around that I respect more. Other than maybe Rick Blevins (former wrestling coach at Richlands) and yes, he yelled too. And it was because they both cared.

Yeah I heard the same thing from some pretty good sources that he went beyond yelling at just his own kids there were some things yelled at his team and some opponents a couple of weeks ago. I also played for Coach Vaught one year but from what I have heard even he would have known better than to yell this at someone.

Greg Mance will not be interested in this job. Why would he want to leave a football town - where the tradition is hard work builds PRIDE - pride builds winners. Abingdon is not this, I hate to say it but we are more concerned with if we look good, not if we play good. We don't want to lay it all on the line. You must work hard in order to become a champion.

[ QUOTE ]

Lets see, "Gman" is a Administrator, should you be saying "abingdon sucks" or any disrespecting thing? some administrator you are, keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I never cried when the coach chewed my ass out...

what the crap are you all talking about Coach Mance taking the job, u guys are stupid! thats not even in the question, coach gregory didnt lose his job, and the job hasnt been offered to anyone, specially coach mance, where do you stupid people come up with this stuff?