SWVA Dream team (Matchup for R-lands...)

wavefan64

After reading the thread about the Richlands Dream Schedule and I thought to myself, "self, here is a matchup for Richlands". My lineup-

Coach- Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offensive Coordinator- Norv Turner(Cowboy Days)

Defensive Coordinator- Romeo Cornell

Manager- Emmett Brown from Back to the Future

Offensive Line- Mostly 96 Grundy, with some 74 Gate City Mixed in

QB- Jason Copenhaver- Grundy

FB- Edd Clark

RB- Thomas and Julius Jones- We will run the Wishbone

Alternating with Scammell, Bradshaw, Brannon Breeding and Garon Marcum

WR- Paco Jones and Reed Oakes when the crap gets thick and we have to go the I...might go trips with Julius playing Flanker

Defense-89 Graham...'nuff said

I say we get a Schoolbus with a Flux Capacitor and see what happens...My guess SWVA All Time 7 Richlands 0...in Double OT...

Now, thats what iam talkin about, lets see the all mighty richlands play that team....

all that stuff talkin who should richlands dream schdule be reminds me of a certain USC team last year before the nat. championship and well we all know the outcome of that.....

how do you know this. Is it the false deception that because the blues have killed everyone that everyone from swva sucks this year. Or have you seen all them teams play. The only teams on your list that i care about wether the blues can beat is hidden valley and robert E lee. This is becoming something to laugh about because alot of people say that the blues could not beat all these teams when they have know idea. Just funny and amusing. Know one will know until they play so quit being so negative on the blues, be proud and be supportive as i would and many other blues fans would if another team from southwest va had a shot at a state title.

[ QUOTE ]

how do you know this. Is it the false deception that because the blues have killed everyone that everyone from swva sucks this year. Or have you seen all them teams play. The only teams on your list that i care about wether the blues can beat is hidden valley and robert E lee. This is becoming something to laugh about because alot of people say that the blues could not beat all these teams when they have know idea. Just funny and amusing. Know one will know until they play so quit being so negative on the blues, be proud and be supportive as i would and many other blues fans would if another team from southwest va had a shot at a state title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as of now there are 2 other teams from SouthWest that have a shot at the STATE TITLE.

[ QUOTE ]

After reading the thread about the Richlands Dream Schedule and I thought to myself, "self, here is a matchup for Richlands". My lineup-

Coach- Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offensive Coordinator- Norv Turner(Cowboy Days)

Defensive Coordinator- Romeo Cornell

Manager- Emmett Brown from Back to the Future

Offensive Line- Mostly 96 Grundy, with some 74 Gate City Mixed in

QB- Jason Copenhaver- Grundy

FB- Edd Clark

RB- Thomas and Julius Jones- We will run the Wishbone

Alternating with Scammell, Bradshaw, Brannon Breeding and Garon Marcum

WR- Paco Jones and Reed Oakes when the crap gets thick and we have to go the I...might go trips with Julius playing Flanker

Defense-89 Graham...'nuff said

I say we get a Schoolbus with a Flux Capacitor and see what happens...My guess SWVA All Time 7 Richlands 0...in Double OT...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok yeah u cheer for them alright....last time i checked when grundy wrestles in the salem civic center during the state championship little imbreeds from r-lands is on the c-burg side......just dishin it back

[ QUOTE ]

salem,blacksburg,giles,martinsville,amherst,hidden valley,franklin co.,r.e.lee,and some others would beat richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you say that Blacksburg and Martinsville would beat us is beacause they beat you all. We dominated you all in the Richlands/Graham game. Graham lost to Marinsville and Blacksburg in pretty close games. So, I dont see how you can say that we WOULD lose to those teams. Im not saying we wouldnt, becasue we could lose to any team we play. I just dont think it is such a sure thing, like you make it sound.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

salem,blacksburg,giles,martinsville,amherst,hidden valley,franklin co.,r.e.lee,and some others would beat richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you say that Blacksburg and Martinsville would beat us is beacause they beat you all. We dominated you all in the Richlands/Graham game. Graham lost to Marinsville and Blacksburg in pretty close games. So, I dont see how you can say that we WOULD lose to those teams. Im not saying we wouldnt, becasue we could lose to any team we play. I just dont think it is such a sure thing, like you make it sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see...

Salem, Blacksburg, Martinsville, Amherst Co. are all Division 4...they'll never get a chance to try.

Franklin Co. is AAA...that eliminates them.

Giles is Class A...that knocks them out.

That leaves Hidden Valley and R.E. Lee...HV might get their shot in the State Semis and R.E. Lee could have their chance at beating Richlands in the Championship game...if any of the three teams get that far.

just read some interesting stuff

Rockbridge has been without Mayo most of the year but he is back now and looks like Rock will get another shot at RE Lee, Looks like they have a good change with Mayo.

Did anybody notice what Christenburg did to Hidden Valley the other night. I know it don't mean nothing, but if you remember or have any knowlege of the scrimages at the beginning of the year it will leave you scatching your head.

Wonder how good Southhampton is.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually there are four teams in Region IV, Division 3 with a shot at a state title.

[/ QUOTE ]

My two cents.... Tazewell will be the toughest opponent Richlands faces in the postseason by far. And it's not a stretch to imagine the Bulldogs winning that game. Assuming, of course, that the Blues and Doggies win their first round matchups.

it's a shame that a team from tazewell county doesn't have the backing of its peers. seen tazewell & grahams state championship games & yes i was on their side. also seen grundy w/ crigger at the helm play at tazewell vs salem & pull for the ole wave. some of you guys on here need to leave the jealousy aside & be men about it!

Ah Blueneck, its only a couple and there kinda young . they are several true Football fans and they are proud of our area. Besides we have 4 teams represented in post season playoffs again in the good ole SWD. The stands will be full, I remember last year , made some great friends from Grundy. All will work itself out.

I dislike Richlands on gameday , but thats normal right..ill pull for the Blues ( stating if they make it that far) in the deep playoffs , simply because theyre 17 miles from me, theyre from SWVA and most importiantly theyre in the SWD!

i like that - although i'd like to see some individual o linemen....here are mine

OFF. LINE

mikey hughes LEE (played at EHC)

steve knight ABING (played at UT)

luke owens GRU (played at VT)

mike compton RICH (played at WVU)

mike mullins GRAHAM (not sure on name - played at UVA)

b.i. salyers JJK (played at EHC)

i'd take my chances against almost anyone with those guys

[ QUOTE ]

i like that - although i'd like to see some individual o linemen....here are mine

OFF. LINE

mikey hughes LEE (played at EHC)

steve knight ABING (played at UT)

luke owens GRU (played at VT)

mike compton RICH (played at WVU)

mike mullins GRAHAM (not sure on name - played at UVA)

b.i. salyers JJK (played at EHC)

i'd take my chances against almost anyone with those guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Hughes was awesome.

I don't know Steve Knight.

Luke Owens was average in football, but, was unsurpassed on the mat.

Mullins was a force at Graham. Also, Chris Austin was pretty good for the G-Men.