why is graham the target of the down season

GHS61

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QB will be Marrs. Running back will be Lane. I don't know what happened as far as why they ran off someone who started for the past 2 years @ QB but it must have been serious. Say what you want but we will miss him DEARLY.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't "run him off"...he left on his own...and NO, we won't miss him...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a 100% sincere question for the Graham fans. What happened to the love affair with Will Cole? I remember two years ago many of you were talking about how he was the second coming, how he was going to lead Graham to great feats. How he was going to be a D1 caliber of player. And now, you more less call him a nobody by saying that he won't be missed. So what happened? How did the kid go from the second-coming, golden boy to the whipping boy? Is it based solely on the fact he's leaving Graham for Bluefield?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QB will be Marrs. Running back will be Lane. I don't know what happened as far as why they ran off someone who started for the past 2 years @ QB but it must have been serious. Say what you want but we will miss him DEARLY.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a 100% sincere question for the Graham fans. What happened to the love affair with Will Cole? I remember two years ago many of you were talking about how he was the second coming, how he was going to lead Graham to great feats. How he was going to be a D1 caliber of player. And now, you more less call him a nobody by saying that he won't be missed. So what happened? How did the kid go from the second-coming, golden boy to the whipping boy? Is it based solely on the fact he's leaving Graham for Bluefield?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of commitment...

[ QUOTE ]

Will Cole? yes you will miss him. After starting for the amount of time that he has. Then putting somebody in that hasnt played as much. Will Cole will be missed along with his knowledge of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you plan on running the ball 95%+ of the time...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of commitment...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your response. How about the other posters?

I guess we'll see what he can do if he remains at Beaver b/c you know that Simon Jr. is going to throw the football with the weapons he has including Ponder. We'll find out if he is as good as all the talk of the two previous years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of commitment...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe a lack of coaching...............

10+ interceptions had something to do with the sincere change of mind... lets just say that his potential wasn't reached, and though you can't say he is a disappointment, cause its still just a kid, most graham fans could probably agree that his playing was a disappointment from the way he made things happen his freshman year.

[ QUOTE ]

10+ interceptions had something to do with the sincere change of mind... lets just say that his potential wasn't reached, and though you can't say he is a disappointment, cause its still just a kid, most graham fans could probably agree that his playing was a disappointment from the way he made things happen his freshman year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, could the fact that many of Graham's passing plays were poorly conceived have anything to do with the 10 interceptions? Most of Graham's passing routes were with a single man running a route against double or more coverage and Cole forced to "chuck it" to that man to avoid being sacked. Bluefield's QBs used to have more INTs than TDs in most seasons because they ran the same type of "passing plays."

If Cole plays at Bluefield this season everyone will get a chance to see his passing ability in a well conceived passing attack. Bluefield will pass the ball much more than Graham, having many more receivers running routes with the likes of Ponder, Manns, Patterson, Lilly, Casey, Brooks, Hunt, etc. We'll all find out about his passing ability...

[ QUOTE ]

Ponder, Chase joiner (2nd fastest player on the team) and i believe Isiah Manns will be the starting 3 WR from what i've heard

[/ QUOTE ]nope, right now its ponder, casey, then joyner at 3rd...manns is playin TE cause he's not as fast from 2 major knee injuries..the fastest 40 times were ponder 4.46, joyner 4.49, casey 4.52, and patterson 4.54

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of commitment...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed my post about Cole, interceptions, and Graham's wins/losses. Every game Graham won last season, the ground game dominated...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, could the fact that many of Graham's passing plays were poorly conceived have anything to do with the 10 interceptions? Most of Graham's passing routes were with a single man running a route against double or more coverage and Cole forced to "chuck it" to that man to avoid being sacked. Bluefield's QBs used to have more INTs than TDs in most seasons because they ran the same type of "passing plays."

If Cole plays at Bluefield this season everyone will get a chance to see his passing ability in a well conceived passing attack. Bluefield will pass the ball much more than Graham, having many more receivers running routes with the likes of Ponder, Manns, Patterson, Lilly, Casey, Brooks, Hunt, etc. We'll all find out about his passing ability...

[/ QUOTE ]

A good QB wouldn't force throws into double coverage...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So a good QB would just take the sack instead of forcing a throw?

Why do you think Will ran more this season? Maybe because he was avoiding forcing throws. Will started going to Graham in 4th grade so no he really isnt a Bluefield product. However he was best friends with Ansel and Isiah when he went to Memorial Elementary. I would hardly say Will has a lack of commitment. You wouldnt know a thing about Will and his so called "lack of commitment". Will wants to throw the ball more and i think we'll be seeing alot of that this season. You cant throw 5-7 times a game and expect 100 percent of them to be right on the money. This atleast gives Will an opportunity to see what he can do.

Depends on how many sacks were talking about a game...

Will Cole wants to throw, thats why he came to bluefield. Grahams passing game is basically non-existant. Bluefield will be passing quite a bit this upcoming season. With an all-state WR in ansel ponder. Why wouldnt you?

[ QUOTE ]

Will Cole? yes you will miss him. After starting for the amount of time that he has. Then putting somebody in that hasnt played as much. Will Cole will be missed along with his knowledge of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

yea ok knowledge of the game i blocked for this guy my first year starting (this year) and we were good friends but lets see how much poise his new team has when hes throwin the numbers he did here and turnin that ball over everytime u need him to make a play........not takin nething away form my boy but his ass cracks when u need him and as far a missin someone were not just fuel to the fire for the 25 of august

passing game has to have recievers to, did it occur to anyone that graham's ground game was strong because they had some fast and formidable rb's, as oppossed to some high quality recievers? Not suggestng graham didn't have some quality recievers, but it seems graham's strength, was their ground game.

oh it most certainly was, and there's really nothing wrong with that. that's why the real general concensus in the VA is to let him go prove himself all he wants to. Graham will still run the ball and hopefully do it well.

However, since Graham does run the ball so much, the occasional pass play should be a big gainer each time because the D isn't expecting it. As for last season, with Will at QB, that wasn't the case... point fingers at whoever you want, but when a runningback doesn't put up any decent numbers, no one blames the 'runningbacks coach'

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of commitment...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed my post about Cole, interceptions, and Graham's wins/losses. Every game Graham won last season, the ground game dominated...

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember an undefeated JV team two years ago with Cole at the helm before he took over the varsity.......best I can remember he had about 20 touchdown passes before he took over. No once again, no coaching equals no results. Can't blame the kid on this one.........The kid is misused.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So a good QB would just take the sack instead of forcing a throw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of throwing it away where NOBODY can catch it???

Doesn't it depend on the definition of a "down" season. For an example anything less than a stat-semis appearance or State championship for Salem would probably considered a "down" season. Winning traditions are great, but come with the "down" season tag a lot of times unfortunately. I think Graham will be very competitive. Even if all talent isn't gelling at the beginning of the season, they have a great coaching staff with tons of experience. By seasons end all will be fine.