worst stadium in swva?

Scott

As far as visitor seating goes....Giles by far. You better have life insurance when you go up there. THere is seemingly a 20 foot gap between rows which even the biggest of fans could fall through. They need to send OSHA up there to check this situation out.

as a player id have to go with tazewell, not only do you have to walk a mile to the locker room, the track is maybe a yard from the sideline, as a fan id probley have to go with twin valley, horrible pa guy among other things

you dont have to walk a mile, the reason you guys walk to the high school is because the coach choose so.. they offer the old field house to the teams... Yes the track is close to the field, but gotta think that field was there way before the paved track was.. Field wise its one of the best in SWVA.

Gundy's field of rock covered in mud and the pa speakers that are left over from WW2 and covered in bird [censored] for your viewing enjoyment are conveniently placed so that no matter where you are sitting they block part of your field of view.

The visitors stands and the field house are pretty nice...I think Lloyd might fall thru the roof of the press box if he were to go up top though.

As a fan who goes to Tazewell to watch a few games a year, I have learned to just sit on the home side. Closer to the concession stands and bathrooms. You just have to make sure your seat does not have a view blocked by the press box.

As far as playing surface goes Tazewell has the best natural grass field in swva.......They do a real good job up here of keeping the field up........the track is a lil close to the field

How was our field even considered when you have places like Grundy, Marion, Pocahontas, and Hurley?

as far as being a visiting team I would go with Big Creek, by far the worst a visiting team has it

as a fan, I think GC is the worst....you have no section to sit in

last year our field got pretty bad, but they worked on it and it looks really good this year.

twin valleys field goes straight uphill on one side. and montcalm should probably still play thier games during the day so the teams can see all the holes they got in that field. the one in the endzone is big enough to lose a truck in.

[ QUOTE ]

you dont have to walk a mile, the reason you guys walk to the high school is because the coach choose so.. they offer the old field house to the teams... Yes the track is close to the field, but gotta think that field was there way before the paved track was.. Field wise its one of the best in SWVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the same field house they used to store equipment in instead of letting the visiting teams use? You mean they offer the old field house because complaints forced the TCSB to make them offer it to the visiting coaches.Yeah, I agree Tazewell is the worst in swva, stands are horrible, consessions are terrible, and the bathrooms are the worst I have ever saw anywhere.

I can honestly say nothing was worse than the bathroom behind the press box at Mitchell Stadium during the Grid O Rama this year. There was several inches of water (at least I hope that's all it was) on the floor not to mention no paper towels. Then again, I consider paper towels or hand dryers to be a luxury when it comes to football games at any level.

Tazewell's stadium design with the press box blocking views on both sides is the most asinine thing I've ever seen.

Giles' visitor's side just goes without saying....you have to sit on it to get the full experience LOL.

The weird thing about Bill Brown Stadium in Blacksburg is that the visitors stands are all on one side of the 50. Not necessarily a bad stadium, though it is small. You have to park all through the surrounding residential neighborhood if there is even a decent crowd--meaning when Salem or Pulaski visit because Blacksburg won't bring one.

Abingdon has chosen to make fans from both sides walk the "hill" of death to get to bath rooms. You must walk down a steep paved hill to get down there. There aren't a whole lot of toilets or urinals in there as well. And after that, you must walk back up the steep hill. I have never understood that and it has been that way forever.

Stadium wise and turf wise, Abingdon has got an awesome set up, just the bathroom facilities is ridiculous.

If Coach Compton can navigate his 350+ pound body up on that roof and do all that leg stomping, ranting and raving, and tobacco spitting that he does during a game, then old honey comb is safe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the same field house they used to store equipment in instead of letting the visiting teams use? You mean they offer the old field house because complaints forced the TCSB to make them offer it to the visiting coaches.Yeah, I agree Tazewell is the worst in swva, stands are horrible, consessions are terrible, and the bathrooms are the worst I have ever saw anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL Tazewell, Pocy, and Richlands prolly could have better stadiums if wasn't for all the tax payers money they have to pay just for u guys to have a field to play on...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL Tazewell, Pocy, and Richlands prolly could have better stadiums if wasn't for all the tax payers money they have to pay just for u guys to have a field to play on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we trotting out the "rent versus build" thing again? Are some folks mad that the Tazewell County School Board has to pay rent for Graham to use Mitchell Stadium?

I've said it before, and will say it again. Both the Mercer County and Tazewell County school boards get a BARGAIN in renting Mitchell for their teams to use. I don't know the numbers...what does it cost to rent the stadium? Let's say it's $5000 per game, which is probably too high, but still... If that's the case, each school board pays $25,000 per year to use the facility. Even over a span of 40 years, that is $1 million dollars. Any idea how much it would cost to actually build a stadium? Especially if it's anything decent? Something bare-bones will cost $1 million in "right now" money, and anything decent is likely to cost $2 million-$5 million.

The Mercer County school board pays in excess of $30000 per year for Bluefield High and Bluefield Middle to play their games there. (Approximately 9 games per year). When you think about it it would take a long time for this to add up to the price of a new stadium but it would be nice if the board gave Pikeview and Montcalm 30 grand a year to upgrade their facilities. That sounds fair doesnt it. I am sure that the other schools in Tazewell County would like the same deal.

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon has chosen to make fans from both sides walk the "hill" of death to get to bath rooms. You must walk down a steep paved hill to get down there. There aren't a whole lot of toilets or urinals in there as well. And after that, you must walk back up the steep hill. I have never understood that and it has been that way forever.

Stadium wise and turf wise, Abingdon has got an awesome set up, just the bathroom facilities is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]yea thats a good place to see how long u can hold it lol.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that coming from a graham fan?... at least tazewell has a stadium... worst ive seen is marion. we walked through 4'' of water to get to the stands, best as always is mitchell. best natual turf is tazewell. softest field was poletti field. i also like richlands field