Time for a new head coach @ ph glade spring

trav89

[ QUOTE ]

Well why do you have to run your jaw? When I played I let my Pads do the talking not my mouth. Why dont you support the coach and the team instead of running them down. why cant you be an athletic supporter , because you were not much of an athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]what school did you play for. let me think mmmmmmmmmmm abingdon if so you had enough me if you played when i did.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

well we know marrs isnt coaching them thats for sure.are you his inlaw or something?cause it sure sounds like you think hes the best thing since sliced bread.i mean you make him sound like a great coach with just a down year.how many more down years are in store for Graham?oh i know.as long as marrs is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug is doing the best he can with what he's got to work with. You've even said it yourself, this group is young...I don't know of many (any) coaches that could turn a bunch of young kids into "world beaters" overnight. So yeh, I guess this is just a "down year".

Throw in some key injuries forcing even younger kids into the line of fire, some untimely turnovers, and an extremely tough first three opponents and you've got the recipe for an 0-3 start and possibly a long season.

I remember back in '87 and '88 when Coach Carlock was in the same situation. Even he couldn't overcome those sort of odds...and do I need to remind you, EVERYONE was after his head then too after going 4-7 and 3-7 during those two seasons!

Graham will be fine, maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but they will be back...so don't blame Doug for things that are out of his control...

I was thinking about you having a degree. It must be from one of those on-line classes, since you don't seem to write very well. I think that you need to use the spell check when you post something. I don't think I would want you teaching my children, let alone coaching them. Did you play in college or just sit and criticize everyone?

You got to love it....these days everyone thinks that they can coach. Leave the ol ball coach alone and let him do his job. Question for Tra89, what do you do for a living? I'm sure the head coach from PH dosen't tell you how to do your job............

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well we know marrs isnt coaching them thats for sure.are you his inlaw or something?cause it sure sounds like you think hes the best thing since sliced bread.i mean you make him sound like a great coach with just a down year.how many more down years are in store for Graham?oh i know.as long as marrs is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug is doing the best he can with what he's got to work with. You've even said it yourself, this group is young...I don't know of many (any) coaches that could turn a bunch of young kids into "world beaters" overnight. So yeh, I guess this is just a "down year".

Throw in some key injuries forcing even younger kids into the line of fire, some untimely turnovers, and an extremely tough first three opponents and you've got the recipe for an 0-3 start and possibly a long season.

I remember back in '87 and '88 when Coach Carlock was in the same situation. Even he couldn't overcome those sort of odds...and do I need to remind you, EVERYONE was after his head then too after going 4-7 and 3-7 during those two seasons!

Graham will be fine, maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but they will be back...so don't blame Doug for things that are out of his control...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think G-Man is trying to say that you can look foward to a 6-4 record in 2009.

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about you having a degree. It must be from one of those on-line classes, since you don't seem to write very well. I think that you need to use the spell check when you post something. I don't think I would want you teaching my children, let alone coaching them. Did you play in college or just sit and criticize everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]Now who is doing the criticizing?? The only reason you protect the current ph coach is because its a win for you guys!!! I have more to do than sit here looking for mistakes people make on their writing

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I bet you dont have kids!!! bet you sit home by you're self!!

[ QUOTE ]

You got to love it....these days everyone thinks that they can coach. Leave the ol ball coach alone and let him do his job. Question for Tra89, what do you do for a living? I'm sure the head coach from PH dosen't tell you how to do your job............

[/ QUOTE ] Doesent matter what i do!! he could'nt do my job!!! Im sure i make alot more at the end of the year than him!! and you

well he is a teacher, right? everyone knows money is more important - i bet he does things as a teacher that you could never do; like teach 15/16/17 year olds for 50 minutes, which by the way is 50 minutes they aren't on the computer, listening to their IPods, playing video games....but yeah, you make a lot more than he does.......

[ QUOTE ]

when was the last time they were good? i can tell you! early 80's when Mark Webb was there. That's about it. You would be right up there if not for all that bad coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early 80's?

OK. Records 1994-2000 with Richie Thomas head coach.

1994 6-4

1995 5-5

1996 9-1 Hogo co-champions. Lost in 1st round of playoffs to Giles

1997 10-0 Hogo champions. Shut out Rural Retreat 17-0 in round 1 playoffs. Severely injured team lost 20-7 to Radford in Region C championship.

1998 8-2 but is in the records as 6-4. 2 forefeits due to an ineligible player that played 8 plays total that year.

1999 7-3 Lost in first round of playoffs to Floyd County

2000 6-4

I think coach Richie Thomas was burned out on coaching at that point, and he gave up the job.

severly injured? Appalachia won the state in 97 in D1, Powell Valley in D2, and GC in D3. I guess what i call good is different. (not trying to be offensive) I keep up and i honestly didn't remember them being 10-0. I remember the old days of the 70's and 80's so yeah i remember a few teams when they were in the old SWD

Well, I didn't mean "severely injured" the way it sounded. I meant they had many starters that were either already injured and didn't play, or there were a few that were injured during the game. They had several third string guys playing in that game. Radford lost to Powell Valley the next week.

[ QUOTE ]

Your use of the English language shows your education level (not very high). I wish you luck in becoming more educated.

[/ QUOTE ]I see error's in you're writing also Einstein

I have one ? who do you guys want to coach?I have watched PH this year and it looks like the coaches work hard and the players do the best they can.So who do you good old boys want ? Lets see how about SATAN even the old Buzzards turned him down. Loyd Carr may be ready for PH after this season. Just Who do you good lod boys want. Just stay off the Fb coaches and worry about your kids education.